Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Tesla, just bought a MX.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We purchased a new inventory MX Long Range Plus. Odd story: We ordered it, then shortly afterwards they announce the LR+ version. I had not been assigned a VIN, and projected delivery was 6-8 weeks, so I called them and told them I want to make sure my car is LR+ if there is such a thing. They said that would be no problem.

After a month I still didn't have a VIN. So I look at Inventory. And there is what appears to be my car, a Feb 2020 build, configured the way I ordered it except Long Range Plus, listed as an Inventory Car w/8 miles at the SC I ordered it from. This cannot be a coincidence, right? So last night I took delivery just over 4 weeks after the initial order.

I have a million questions, but I will try to keep them to a minimum.

PS - While the Monroney says LR+, the paperwork says LR+, the instrument cluster says LR+ and center display says LR+, it is not registering more than 292 miles yet. But I have less than 100 miles so far.

Reactions: Akikiki
We purchased a new inventory MX Long Range Plus. Odd story: We ordered it, then shortly afterwards they announce the LR+ version. I had not been assigned a VIN, and projected delivery was 6-8 weeks, so I called them and told them I want to make sure my car is LR+ if there is such a thing. They said that would be no problem.

After a month I still didn't have a VIN. So I look at Inventory. And there is what appears to be my car, a Feb 2020 build, configured the way I ordered it except Long Range Plus, listed as an Inventory Car w/8 miles at the SC I ordered it from. This cannot be a coincidence, right? So last night I took delivery just over 4 weeks after the initial order.

I have a million questions, but I will try to keep them to a minimum.

PS - While the Monroney says LR+, the paperwork says LR+, the instrument cluster says LR+ and center display says LR+, it is not registering more than 292 miles yet. But I have less than 100 miles so far.

Seems like a lot of LR+ are doing that.