TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New TPMS question

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Darthbenji, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

0D895BB3-CBFE-4E1F-A746-204A6542FCF5.jpeg Got new sensors today. After driving a bit three came on and one didn’t. Got a warning on the screen. Does this mean a dud sensor or it needs more time?

2. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

Needs more time. Sometimes it takes a few drives before they register. If after a few drives/days then you might start looking into if it's a bad sensor.

3. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

Thanks Tony. How’s the high pitched sound?

• Like x 1
  4. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

No problem!

I posted an update in the thread today. It's very likely my ears that are the issue. With the sound dampening in the trunk, it doesn't bother me nearly as much anymore.

5. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Member

I’m in Brampton too. LR RWD. Would be an easy comparison to learn if I’m deaf or you’re nuts:)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Tezler Guru

I did hear it in two other 3's after I brought the issue up with service, but thank you.

• Like x 1
  7. eCharcoal

eCharcoal Member

How long did it take for the 4th one to turn on? I’m having a similar problem. Thanks.

8. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

I had this same problem when I bought aftermarket TPMS sensors on ebay. Supposedly compatible with my car, but the right rear never ever showed up. I RMA'd it and got another one. No dice.

9. eCharcoal

eCharcoal Member

Those I got were Tesla OEM which I knew it worked. Are the TPMS sensors covered under the vehicles warranty?