Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update 2021.44.25 adds customizable app launcher like Model S refresh plus other major upgrades to system.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you don’t use AP and not on FSDBeta ?
Nothing is preventing the display from changing when using FSD software, but watching the screen for taller people is not as easy as some think (I have to look down).

Use AP everywhere possible, but see above - too tall. Never mind it flies in the face of the whole pay attention thing.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
You’re able to watch YouTube videos through the browser using hotspot? Does that work for you while in motion? I haven’t been able to get that to work on my end.
Not in motion. You can’t watch YouTube in motion. But when I wait for my kids activities I watch videos using my phone hotspot.

So, one problem could be bad WiFi hotspot connection from the car when in motion. That doesn’t explain the variability though.

• Informative
That’s a great question. Are you referring to the model X and s that have horizontal screens?
It sounds like he's referring to pre-refresh, as in the vertical screen S/X from the beginning thru 2021 model year. I sure hope it comes to the vertical screen cars! I have a late 2016 build (old cameras, but FSD computer) and MCU2 just like any S/X sold up until the big refresh/Plaid redesign from earlier this year. Would be weird if last year's cars were left out of the fun, since they still had vertical screens too.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Not in motion. You can’t watch YouTube in motion. But when I wait for my kids activities I watch videos using my phone hotspot.

So, one problem could be bad WiFi hotspot connection from the car when in motion. That doesn’t explain the variability though.

Ok I thought you meant in motion. Normally YouTube works while parked. I wonder if with that new android auto app video in motion is available. I have both android and apple so I’m curious to see how this works out.

The Android Auto hack your Tesla craves is ready for you to try it out
On 2021+ S & X, those in the rear can watch videos on the rear screen while the car is in motion.

• Informative