Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen the 2022.16.0.2 update yet or have any idea when it will be arriving? I'm kind of excited to see what sort of difference having the car use weather reports to estimate range will make.
I had 2022.16.0.02 and then rapidly received 2022.16.0.3, which affected Spotify for me (It lost its place when the car went to sleep), but couldn't drive the car on a trip as it went into service to fix the trunk latch.

While in service 2022.16.1.1 got pushed. I installed it after I picked it up and took an 85 mile trip (all highway) today that I have taken more than a dozen times. Today was sunny, 75 degrees, mostly calm. The energy prediction was usually within 1-2%. Today it was 5% off. It estimated I would arrive with about 20% remaining and I arrived with 15%. I was not expecting it to be so far off. It is usually a conservative estimate, but not this time. YMMV but keep an eye on things.

• Informative
Reactions: Rice&Curry
Sometimes updates just need to bake in a few days. Never had that happen with any other updates in my IT career, but with Tesla updates can change over time.
It’s not “baking”. I’m sure Tesla has control over enabling features for customers. You could have software for months then they will turn on features randomly for some customers. Say 10%, make sure nothing bad happens then bump to 50% monitor again then move to 100%. We do it all the time. If something goes wrong at any level they roll it back to 0% until they release new software that resolves it.

But on the same release, things that are broken get fixed after a few days by Tesla magic without any added updates, and some things that were working, break on the same release after a couple of days. Very strange and inconsistent.

But on the same release, things that are broken get fixed after a few days by Tesla magic without any added updates, and some things that were working, break on the same release after a couple of days. Very strange and inconsistent.
It can absolutely be the same release. The release can have that feature on or off.

Every night the car fetches options from the mother ship of what features should be on or off for each car.

So it can change behavior using the same release. This is done all the time.

It’s usually not done with something major. Like if they released Pandora. Everyone would probably get it.

But they but vary who gets what bitrate. And they might monitor how long users listen depending on quality.

So you could say it is baking. But Tesla is controller the thermostat.

You don’t just release a new feature to a millions of customers and and cross your fingers. And it’s not just through limited roll out.