Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

326 vs 330

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering purchasing a used Model Y from Tesla inventory. I want to make sure whatever I get has the latest tech and updates as possible. I've searched but information on why two seemingly identical cars have a 4 mile difference in range (see image). I want to know if there was some change to the car that makes the range estimate different. I'm also seeing this with 2023 models. TIA

1711672761060.png

The difference is < 1.2%, within the margin of error. The battery health test may have been run and these are the results. It is so close to 330 miles should not be considered in your decision.

Instead of the range estimate, look at the mileage on the vehicle. I would only recommend purchasing a 2022 if under 30K miles. High mileage may indicate a ride share vehicle.

Check for signs of high water or flood damage. Check underneath for any sign of damage to the aero panels and the battery housing. Check for any leaking fluids. (Water dripping from the AC evaporator compartment is normal.) The battery housing could have been damaged from improper lifting at other than the 4 lift points.

If possible test drive and check for alignment. Check for rattles, whistling (cabin air leaks). Listen for drive unit whine at highway speed. Also check for low frequency resonant noise from the hatch area. Take the vehicle to a car wash and check for leaks around the windshield and glass roof.

Check for curb damage to the wheels (especially the front right wheel.)