Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New upgrade available - Enhanced Autopilot [same EAP as previously offered -- Europe only for now]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your logic is incorrect on this one.

I don't think it is.

Y
Yes, I know that the base cost of AP was added to the car, but that was already included in my car when I bought it. So the true delta FOR ME (and many others) of FSD is $6,000 in August 2019 to $10,000 today - a 67% increase.

Not really.

You paid $2000 for the AP option, you just didn't have a choice about it.

People who bought the same vehicle months earlier paid $2000 less and didn't get AP (but could pay for it if they wanted it).

So them:

38k for car without AP
+2k AP
+6k FSD
46k car

YOU:

40k for car with AP
+6k FSD
46k car.

TODAY:
38k for car WITH AP
+10k FSD
48k car.

So 46k vs 48k.

About a 4% price bump.

1. The same configuration I purchased would be $39K today (not $38K as you claim)
Sorry I missed the 1k extra for interior color- dunno that it makes a substantive difference though.

You keep trying to tie FSD with the overall price of the car and I am looking strictly at the product itself: $6K then, $10K now: 67% increase. You can sound like a used car salesman and try to bury the true cost, but I ain't buying it.

That's the opposite of burying the cost.

I'm comparing the actual cost

AP used to be a paid option but was not optional if you wanted FSD too.

Then they raised the price of the car but "included" AP in exchange essentially not changing anything other than removing the OPTION to skip AP entirely

The net cost difference remained about the same either way if you wanted FSD.

You can't honestly claim it's a 67% price increase if you compare the actual cost of a car with FSD then and now- because it's not remotely that high.

It's only that high if you ignore the up-front vehicle purchase (whose price was adjusted to reflect AP is now "included")

In other words- the net cost of a car with FSD has not changed a lot they just moved around where the costs were located on the paperwork