Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New vehicle delivery with Mobile connector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ordered my MYLR in Dec 2021, so I believe, I will be getting my vehicle delivered with the Mobile connector. But I am not sure if it will come with only the 5-15 (110v) adapter, or does it even come with the 14-50 adapter? Also, will the vehicle deliver with the J1772 adapter? I called the SA in Austin, and never got a confirmative answer. They were like 'may be'.

I understand that if I separately order a new mobile connector today for $200 on tesla, it will ship with both 5-15 and 14-50 adapters.

thanks!

First post but I can confirm

We take delivery tomorrow, we received an email with a shop promo code
this code can be redeemed for the mobile connector or $200 credit towards a wall charger

We applied the code to the mobile connector, but I am not sure if it will be send separately or included with the vehicle

First post but I can confirm

We take delivery tomorrow, we received an email with a shop promo code
this code can be redeemed for the mobile connector or $200 credit towards a wall charger

We applied the code to the mobile connector, but I am not sure if it will be send separately or included with the vehicle
What was your order date??

From this article …
“The change was effective for all cars purchased on or after April 29, 2022”. So that means based on your order date, it’s not for Everyone…

April 28th, 2022 was the ordering cutoff date for the mobile connector package. Initially the cutoff date was April 17th or 18th, but Tesla later rolled it farther back 9 days. My order on the 19th was badly timed, so I had thought. A week later I learned the decision was changed to the 28th. That made me a happier camper. The pic at the Tesla site shows a 14-50 adaptor plug in the kit, but that is another $45 extra.

So what this article is saying is that people who ordered before the cutoff date (April 28th) and were therefore promised to still receive a mobile connector may not get the connector included but will get this $200 credit to buy one.
Those who ordered after April 28th won't get a credit and are stuck paying for one.

On top of that we continue to see reports of cars delivered on here that were ordered after April 28th and are getting the mobile connector with the car. Mostly MYP cars and some early MYLR Austin deliveries.

This all seems fair but I don't get why they don't just keep including the MC with the pre-April 28th cars? Is it just because all the new stock is now the kit with 14-50? I guess if I end up getting this $200 (hopefully $255CAD) coupon then I've wasted $55 CAD on the 14-50 I bought last month. Maybe I should try to return that now?

From this article …
“The change was effective for all cars purchased on or after April 29, 2022”. So that means based on your order date, it’s not for Everyone…
I ordered mine on May 11th and pre-paid for a UMC along with my $250 order deposit. So when do I get my UMC:

1. With car at delivery next week
2. Shipped to my home

Worst case if I don’t get a UMC at delivery I’m keeping the one from my Trade-In.

My order date was first week in December
Thanks.
It so crazy with Tesla. I love their cars but first the dance with EDDs, people exploiting their software by adding/removing FSD, SAs having no clue..and now this thing with Mobile Connector.

I have already ordered and returned thw j1772 adapter, and have ordered the 1450 adapter. Wondering if I should order the MC too!

I have ordered my MYLR in Dec 2021, so I believe, I will be getting my vehicle delivered with the Mobile connector. But I am not sure if it will come with only the 5-15 (110v) adapter, or does it even come with the 14-50 adapter? Also, will the vehicle deliver with the J1772 adapter? I called the SA in Austin, and never got a confirmative answer. They were like 'may be'.

I understand that if I separately order a new mobile connector today for $200 on tesla, it will ship with both 5-15 and 14-50 adapters.

thanks!
Tesla web site on August 1, 2022 states 'The current Mobile Connector bundle included 'Adapter ... (NEMA 5-15)'.
It also says 'Starting in mid-August, Mobile Connector will also include the NEMA 14-50 adapter'.
So you should get both adapters ... but Tesla being Tesla, who knows !

Attachments

• TeslaMobileCon includes 14-50 1aug2022.jpg
    TeslaMobileCon includes 14-50 1aug2022.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 278