Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wall Connector Top Entry Bracket

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have a pic of the new wall connector with top entry bracket installed? Wondering if it will look very bulky. Also, with the bracket installed, does it allow cable to wrap around the connector more easily? Especially with 24' cable.

A late reply but I had my new wall Connector installed and although mine is connected from behind the Wall connector (through the wall), I can wrap the cord around it when not in use (24' cord) without a problem. The charger seems to be about 5" deep (from the wall to the front) and tapers in towards the wall so the cable is very stable being wrapped around. I hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: pchan
Thread bump.

I'm about to install my HPWC and not sure which mount to use. Plan is to wire the wall charger through the back.
If I use the low profile mount, does the 24' cord wrap sufficiently around the wall charger?

Low profile mount is preferred purely based on aesthetics since the wall charger will be installed externally in front of the house.
I noticed the top/bottom entry mount has a rear cutout, so I assume I could use that mount as well, but it does make the the wall charger come out of the wall a few inches further, which wouldn't kill me if it had to, but would prefer the low profile look.

Open to suggestions/comments.

Thread bump.

I'm about to install my HPWC and not sure which mount to use. Plan is to wire the wall charger through the back.
If I use the low profile mount, does the 24' cord wrap sufficiently around the wall charger?

Low profile mount is preferred purely based on aesthetics since the wall charger will be installed externally in front of the house.
I noticed the top/bottom entry mount has a rear cutout, so I assume I could use that mount as well, but it does make the the wall charger come out of the wall a few inches further, which wouldn't kill me if it had to, but would prefer the low profile look.

Open to suggestions/comments.
I wired my 2 new HPWCs from the back using the low profile mount. I already had wires in place from the previous old HPWCs, but it was still a pain to connect. The HPWCs both failed after a while - Tesla Service says due to power glitch, but that's disputable because they were not properly sharing power also (the failure took out my Model S's main charger and the DC-DC converter). In any case, they replaced them under warranty and I had an electrician actually connect the second set, since I didn't want to hassle with the tight wire bends.

The top/bottom entry mount that they ship will also work, obviously. If I had a larger electrical box behind the chargers, I would remove the screw down posts and wire from the other mount (it unscrews from the housing as one unit) and then connect my wires to it in the electrical box and use the wire feed from screw down post assembly to go to the HPWC. The wire feed from the screw down posts is very flexible, has scrimped on ends and would make installation a snap.

The cable has no trouble wrapping around. Here is a lame picture I took some time ago, primarily showing the connector plugged into the side (and how it stays in place). The other HPWC is to the right and you can see part of its wrapped around cable. You can wrap the cable around multiple times with no problems, but I found that the last wrap works best if the cable is a bit longer and hangs more as to not put much strain when it connects to the side:

HPWC (V2) with cable wrapped and connector plugged into side.jpg

Reactions: Joelc