Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New wheels: P3D 20" vs 19" SSR GTX01 with 265's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SSR GTX01 Tesla Mod3-11.jpg
SSR GTX01 Tesla Mod3-12.jpg
P3D Tesla HQ GTX01-2.jpg

Reactions: Lindenwood
I’m looking at this set too for my next replacement with skinnier tires though. Maybe 255/35 or even 245 width if it works. Did you special order through autornd? I didn’t see the set on their website.

Yes I did. It's on the site under New arrivals. Very limited and very hard to get. Especially in the dark silver color. Last I checked there was one set of silver and a couple blacks in stock in my fitment. Definitely reach out to them and it appears you're local to me as well. Are you part of any of the local clubs?

I'm planning to just go with these for my winter setup:

https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_ga...wheelModel=GT15&wheelFinish=Dark+Silver+Paint

$202 per corner @ Tirerack.com. Wheels+tires+tpms is going to be about $1900 to my door in 235/40/19 size. Rims are just under 24lbs so I should get a slight overall weight savings (probably about 48lbs all in) as well as a significantly lower cost.

Best,

That sounds like a good setup for winter. Enkei has some very reasonably priced lightweight wheels that can be used as winter wheels as well. You should start your own winter wheel thread. This isn't really relevant to this SSR thread but I do appreciate your input.

That sounds like a good setup for winter. Enkei has some very reasonably priced lightweight wheels that can be used as winter wheels as well. You should start your own winter wheel thread. This isn't really relevant to this SSR thread but I do appreciate your input.

Ah....no worries, was just giving as an example since folks were discussing rim+tire weights.

Best,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I did not use spacers or hubcentric rings for that matter.

Whoa so those GTX's mount up to the stock Performance setup with no issues? I know they already accommodate M14 studs but Wow.

Seriously interested in a set of the flat black for the cold and wet months. Hopefully in stock in the USA. Thanks for the response!

Just curious, would 25 be better to get them to sit more flush? or is there a performance benefit? from the looks of the pictures, they look pretty good.

I'm looking into a set of these but need to make sure they fit around a Big brake kit without spacers.

Thanks.

+25 would be good for a Performance model but any other trim I'd suggest the +35. Just keep in mind there might be some more range loss with the lower offset. +25 is also special order, ETA 3 months most likely. nobody is stocking that fitment in the states, including SSR. Matte black is available and Dark Silver will be in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the quick reply @P3D-R. Yea, i have a performance model. That would only be +25 on the rears, right? Yea a big reason i want new wheels is to try and offset my crap range with my 20's so maybe sticking with 35 would be best.

thoughts on BBK clearance? I have a Rotora BBK. Stock performance wheels clear them fine. Any need to worry about these? Ive reached out to SSR with a caliper diagram but haven't got a response.. Im thinking they should be fine.

You can DM me and I can follow up with SSR on the brake diagram. I have the +35's in black and silver coming soon. +25 will work front and rear. Just keep in mind this will not help your range. Range is affected more by tire width than wheel weight. Even though I shaved 2lbs a corner I lost about 10-15% range. Also keep in mind the driving experience with wide tires becomes so much more enjoyable that you might feel yourself engaging the throttle more aggressively. lol. Send me that DM and i'll help get this worked out for you. LMK what suspension you have also.

You can DM me and I can follow up with SSR on the brake diagram. I have the +35's in black and silver coming soon. +25 will work front and rear. Just keep in mind this will not help your range. Range is affected more by tire width than wheel weight. Even though I shaved 2lbs a corner I lost about 10-15% range. Also keep in mind the driving experience with wide tires becomes so much more enjoyable that you might feel yourself engaging the throttle more aggressively. lol. Send me that DM and i'll help get this worked out for you. LMK what suspension you have also.
Please pardon the thread necromancy (especially on my first post), but I'm taking delivery of my Model 3 Performance next weekend, and the first order of business is getting some reasonably-sized wheels on there.

I have had a couple of sets of the GTX01, both on my old STI, and on my wife's STI now (18x9.5 +40), and I'm definitely a fan. Seeing that they make them in an actual usable size for the Model 3 made me pretty excited! That said, I do have a few questions, if you wouldn't mind.

1 - I don't see that SSR list the load rating anywhere, do you have any info on that? I guess there's nothing to worry about on that front. And I don't recall since they're mounted, but I believe these are recessed between the lugs, so should have no issues with the bolt on the rotor, correct?

2 - Any long-term issues with running the wheels without a hub adapter? Are they hubcentric without one? Or are you just really great at mounting lugcentric wheels?

3 - I'm seeing $1764 for a set pretty much everywhere. Should I do some more digging, or does that sound about right? I have zero issues spending the money, but hate spending more than I should for something! :)

Thanks!

Please pardon the thread necromancy (especially on my first post), but I'm taking delivery of my Model 3 Performance next weekend, and the first order of business is getting some reasonably-sized wheels on there.

I have had a couple of sets of the GTX01, both on my old STI, and on my wife's STI now (18x9.5 +40), and I'm definitely a fan. Seeing that they make them in an actual usable size for the Model 3 made me pretty excited! That said, I do have a few questions, if you wouldn't mind.

1 - I don't see that SSR list the load rating anywhere, do you have any info on that? I guess there's nothing to worry about on that front. And I don't recall since they're mounted, but I believe these are recessed between the lugs, so should have no issues with the bolt on the rotor, correct?

2 - Any long-term issues with running the wheels without a hub adapter? Are they hubcentric without one? Or are you just really great at mounting lugcentric wheels?

3 - I'm seeing $1764 for a set pretty much everywhere. Should I do some more digging, or does that sound about right? I have zero issues spending the money, but hate spending more than I should for something! :)

Thanks!
1. Load rating wise there are very few wheels that meet the 750kg load rating when wheels are custom made for the Model 3. However, Japan made wheels test far above the standard and have shown to be more sturdy than what they publish.

2. Hub centric rings for the P3D and Non P's are now available so this is no longer an issue

3. That price is pretty cheap to be honest and more than likely you would be waiting 3-4 months at least before getting the wheels. There's only one place I know of that buys up all the dark silver inventory.

1. Load rating wise there are very few wheels that meet the 750kg load rating when wheels are custom made for the Model 3. However, Japan made wheels test far above the standard and have shown to be more sturdy than what they publish.

2. Hub centric rings for the P3D and Non P's are now available so this is no longer an issue

3. That price is pretty cheap to be honest and more than likely you would be waiting 3-4 months at least before getting the wheels. There's only one place I know of that buys up all the dark silver inventory.
Makes sense, thanks! I'm actually looking for black (though I do love the dark silver - that's what I have on my wife's car currently), and it looks like quite a few places have those in stock.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.