Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newbe questions: High wind noises driver side and heating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. As a new owner of Model X (since june 2018) I come across some issues which seem to be so minor that in my opinion I cant call support for.
1) One of them is that I have a whisteling noise at the window on the drivers side when the the fan is on a speed 5 or higher. It starts around fan speed 5 and increases as the fan speed increases. Turn the fan speed back, the noise reduces and as of speed 4 it is gone.
Am I correct in assuming that as of speed 5 more air is pumped in to the car than can get out ? Meaning that the pressure inside the car increases to such a diffrence with outside presure that air is forced out ? Thus making a tiny opening between car and door. Or is my assumption totally wrong ? If so would it be possible to have the driver door shut more thighter ?
Also wondering if anybody else has that problem ?
2) Heating; now the cooler season is comming I decided to test the heating. No issues with cooling during summer. But when I tried heating I noticed that it took about 11 to 12 kmh before the heating really kicked in (i monitord the driven distance three times) And I live 15 kmh from work. That would mean on a freezing day I would have cold feet for the first 10 to 12 km and when the car starts heating I am already at the office. Since cooling almost imeediatly kicks in I also thought that heating would start earlier. Am I missing a setting in this one ? Does heating only work with A/C off ? Maybe pre heat the car (through) the app half an hour before I start to drive ?
Thanks for your suggestions.

Hi. As a new owner of Model X (since june 2018) I come across some issues which seem to be so minor that in my opinion I cant call support for.
1) One of them is that I have a whisteling noise at the window on the drivers side when the the fan is on a speed 5 or higher. It starts around fan speed 5 and increases as the fan speed increases. Turn the fan speed back, the noise reduces and as of speed 4 it is gone.
Am I correct in assuming that as of speed 5 more air is pumped in to the car than can get out ? Meaning that the pressure inside the car increases to such a diffrence with outside presure that air is forced out ? Thus making a tiny opening between car and door. Or is my assumption totally wrong ? If so would it be possible to have the driver door shut more thighter ?
Also wondering if anybody else has that problem ?
2) Heating; now the cooler season is comming I decided to test the heating. No issues with cooling during summer. But when I tried heating I noticed that it took about 11 to 12 kmh before the heating really kicked in (i monitord the driven distance three times) And I live 15 kmh from work. That would mean on a freezing day I would have cold feet for the first 10 to 12 km and when the car starts heating I am already at the office. Since cooling almost imeediatly kicks in I also thought that heating would start earlier. Am I missing a setting in this one ? Does heating only work with A/C off ? Maybe pre heat the car (through) the app half an hour before I start to drive ?
Thanks for your suggestions.

1) Support can't help you with manufacturing defects. My advise: call the Servicecenter and explain the issue.
2) Pre-heat the car with the app and all is well. Although the heater should make a difference within a few km. Maybe do a test when car is stationary and you time how long it takes to heat from outside temperature to your desired temperature. You can share your results here and others can compare with their experience.