Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks .. just wanted to say hi. Im returning back to Toronto in a few months ...(have been working in HK for the past few years) .. really looking forward to getting a Model 3. I saw so many Models S/X in HK ...so awesome.

Looking at the tesla CA site, it seems if I plainly want AWD and Long range battery, i only have a choice of starting price at C$72K? I was hoping to start from a lower price point.

Hows the Canada delivered Model 3's coming in terms of reliability? I can't seem to find a sticky that lists common issues?

Thanks ahead.

according Tesla's canada microsite ..

"Model 3 achieves up to 499 km of range while starting at only $45,600 before incentives."

but it doesnt explain about why (or estimated availability of when this option as quoted is actually avail) as soon as you start to spec it, it jumps to 72K.

i realize that there is a wait before the lower priced mass market ones are available. Just curious if anyone here knows more about it.

The C$45,600 starting price is for the RWD Standard Range Battery with Standard Interior. Tesla is estimating 3-6 month timeframe for Standard Range Battery, but no mention if Standard Interior will also be available at that point to reach the $45K starting price

Thanks ... that gives me a good indication of approx april 19 timing ...

did they give any "tips" on how-to manage our winters for the model 3?

"Model 3 achieves up to 499 km of range while starting at only $45,600 before incentives."

But you asked for AWD + Long Range, which is priced at 55K in the USA. So I still don't see what the marketing smoke about a barebones thing that isn't what you want has to do with your expectation that it should cost less than the same product (AWD) in the USA.

For winter driving, if you're careless you should expect to get 1/2 range (250km) comfortably. If you want to be careful:

1- make sure the battery is warm before you unplug the car
2- drive slowly
3- use range mode on the cabin heat, or don't use cabin heat at all and use seat warmers or dress warmly

With that level of care you should be able to get 350km+ even in the winter. You could get people who use teslafi to give you example drives. The bulk of my winter driving in Ontario turns out to be 0C - -10C, with efficiency at 60-65%, in a Model X. I am not all that careful, I always use cabin heat and only sometimes preheat the battery, so you can do better if you really need to go more than 300km on a regular basis.