Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEXT UP: Supercharger Network in SOUTHEAST

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I just spoke to a sales advisor in Palo Alto by phone to schedule a test drive at the Marietta store. I asked about the apparent slow down. He said the winter weather has played a major role, but that work is ramping back up. He also said that deployment will resume at a pace equivalent to, if not more rapid than, 4Q13. He assures that "coming soon" on the map is still good for the 3-6 month time frame. We'll see.

FWIW, I just spoke to a sales advisor in Palo Alto by phone to schedule a test drive at the Marietta store. I asked about the apparent slow down. He said the winter weather has played a major role, but that work is ramping back up. He also said that deployment will resume at a pace equivalent to, if not more rapid than, 4Q13. He assures that "coming soon" on the map is still good for the 3-6 month time frame. We'll see.

Wow. I thought "Coming Soon" meant within 3 months. Thats a LONG time. There is a fairly active Facebook group for the Carolina's if your interested.

Any members in the Greenville, SC area? Supposedly a rumor is going around that a Supercharger may go in at The Point. I believe they may be in the permitting process if anything and was wondering if anyone had any resources in the area.

The area has been confirmed by a city official and appears to be in the permitting process. Visit this thread for more updates and hopefully pictures if we have any members in the area - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/29790-Supercharger-Greenville-SC

I dunno. Seems kinda out of the way for travelers traversing I-85 and I-77. When you consider distance between Supercharges and the location of existing (or in progress) Superchargers - Burlington, Santee, Greenville SC - the Concord Mills Mall seems to be a much more strategic location from the east, south, and west along 85 and 77.

Has anyone matched the Tesla map dots yet to cities in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida? I'm curious where those will land and if we still think they'll all be in place before year end. Thanks...
As i just posted in the Texas supercharger thread, when I emailed the supercharger team earlier this year with a suggestion part of their reply was "Please keep in mind that our website map is not definitive but rather is meant to highlight routes."

Has anyone matched the Tesla map dots yet to cities in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida? I'm curious where those will land and if we still think they'll all be in place before year end. Thanks...

Until a building permit is issued all the "forthcoming" dots on the map are only approximations. It appears Tesla desires to build out the I-10 corridor this year to make southern route across the country.

For I-10, Louisiana appears to be Baton Rouge. Biloxi, MS. Skipping Alabama for Crestview, FL.

Looks to put one in Montgomery, AL which will be about 160 miles from Atlanta. But unless I-10 has a Supercharger in Mobile, AL (168 miles from Montgomery) then Montgomery wouldn't serve well as a diagonal shortcut to I-10 from Atlanta.

I note with delight that Nashville, Louisville, and Indianapolis are marked for 2014! IIRC Nashville has moved up from 2015 and Indianapolis is new. My Christmas trip may be electric this year!

Until a building permit is issued all the "forthcoming" dots on the map are only approximations. It appears Tesla desires to build out the I-10 corridor this year to make southern route across the country.

For I-10, Louisiana appears to be Baton Rouge. Biloxi, MS. Skipping Alabama for Crestview, FL.

Looks to put one in Montgomery, AL which will be about 160 miles from Atlanta. But unless I-10 has a Supercharger in Mobile, AL (168 miles from Montgomery) then Montgomery wouldn't serve well as a diagonal shortcut to I-10 from Atlanta.

I note with delight that Nashville, Louisville, and Indianapolis are marked for 2014! IIRC Nashville has moved up from 2015 and Indianapolis is new. My Christmas trip may be electric this year!
When I was at the Brentwood (Nashville) SvcCtr a week ago the SvcMgr said they would soon have a SuperCharger at the service center there.

Any news about when Atlanta & Chattanooga SCs will be operational? I live in Nashville area and travel to Atlanta often. I hope to take delivery of my S85 mid September.

Within this thread (http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/forumdisplay.php/77-Charging-Standards-and-Infrastructure) we have specific threads for each location that we know about.

Atlanta has yet to break ground from my understanding but Chattanooga should be complete in probably 2 more weeks.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/30213-Atlanta-Supercharger

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/31441-Supercharger-Chattanooga-TN

When I was at the Brentwood (Nashville) SvcCtr a week ago the SvcMgr said they would soon have a SuperCharger at the service center there.

I have no reason to doubt Keith from the Nashville SC as he has been a wealth of info for me and is an all around great guy. However, I would be surprised if they put the Supercharger that far south of Nashville. One would think they would want it closer to downtown where interstates 65/24/40 all intersect. The I-40 corridor is already going to be a big stretch to make Memphis from Nashville. Similarly to make Knoxville and Louisville. The only advantage that I see to having the SC in Brentwood is to get to/from Birmingham. I guess we'll see.

I However, I would be surprised if they put the Supercharger that far south of Nashville. One would think they would want it closer to downtown where interstates 65/24/40 all intersect. The I-40 corridor is already going to be a big stretch to make Memphis from Nashville. Similarly to make Knoxville and Louisville. The only advantage that I see to having the SC in Brentwood is to get to/from Birmingham. I guess we'll see.

Agreed. Not only would I be surprised but also disappointed. The I-24 corridor is the main one between the Midwest and Florida regardless of whether you branch out to I-65 or 75 northbound, or stay on I-24 to southern IL. I for one would not like to detour that far out my way on a routine basis. As a last resort maybe, but otherwise....................

I have no reason to doubt Keith from the Nashville SC as he has been a wealth of info for me and is an all around great guy. However, I would be surprised if they put the Supercharger that far south of Nashville. One would think they would want it closer to downtown where interstates 65/24/40 all intersect. The I-40 corridor is already going to be a big stretch to make Memphis from Nashville. Similarly to make Knoxville and Louisville. The only advantage that I see to having the SC in Brentwood is to get to/from Birmingham. I guess we'll see.

that's why I'd put one I-40 near Crossville (between Knoxville and Nashville) to make the positioning south of Nashville less of an issue.

then finish up east TN with

I-75 Athens (between Knoxville and Chattanooga)
I-40 exit 398 (strawberry plains pike) or exit 417 (dandridge / hwy 92)
I-75 exit 128/129 (Lake City)

Totally agree with you. However, the news I keep hearing is that TN is going to be set up more like a destination charge state. TSLA seems to believe one can easily do Memphis to Nashville to Knoxville without charging in between. Similarly for Nashville to Louisville or Nashville to Birmingham. Hope I am wrong. All of those routes are on the absolute edge of range if you like to drive 80 mph. Plus, you will be totally out of juice when you get to any of those cities, so it will be a long supercharge. I keep saying my peace at the Service Center since it sounds like those guys are offering input to the Supercharger team.

Totally agree with you. However, the news I keep hearing is that TN is going to be set up more like a destination charge state. TSLA seems to believe one can easily do Memphis to Nashville to Knoxville without charging in between. Similarly for Nashville to Louisville or Nashville to Birmingham. Hope I am wrong. All of those routes are on the absolute edge of range if you like to drive 80 mph. Plus, you will be totally out of juice when you get to any of those cities, so it will be a long supercharge. I keep saying my peace at the Service Center since it sounds like those guys are offering input to the Supercharger team.

You might need to do some drafting for the 212 mile run between Nashville and Memphis if you intend to do 80 mph.
Personally, I like to keep a bit of a buffer in my pack, maybe 30 miles of range or so (just in case).
The 85 pack is rated for 265 miles @ 55 mph.

Trying to do 80 mph in the Eastern TN mountains will really drain your batteries range fast.

If after the 50% of your journey you still have plenty of range, (and there are no upcoming mountains) then let it rip.
If you use the range up in the first half of your trip, you might just be limping into the next charging station.