Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nigel's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations Keith!

We need some photos as only you can take them.

Larry

They're coming. Patience is a virtue...

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulatiosn Keith! Did you take delivery or did it just arrive in Dania Beach?

My pearl white model s is happily charging away in the garage, looking askance at my wife's crossover in the next bay. What it doesn't know is that my wife has a model x reservation.

Brandon (my DS) was terrific. Can't wait to drive my daughter to school tomorrow....

Congrats Keith and Nigel. Just got back into town and sorry I missed the big event Nigel. After 8 days away from my S, had to sit in it just to get the feel back. BTW, the Lloyd mats arrived while I was gone and they fit like a glove. Have to still install the hooks that came with them.

saving driver profiles was very easy.

Thanks for the great descriptions and pics. I've been wondering, and haven't seen it discussed elsewhere, what settings are saved in the profiles besides seat and mirror positions? Are radio station presets saved for each driver's preferences? Other settings?

The posts in this forum have been very informative for those of us waiting for our deliveries. Very much appreciated:biggrin:

Nigel or others in FL -- (slightly OT, apologies)

Have any of you had trouble getting TM to finalize your auto registration paperwork and get permanent (or transferred) tags. My first temporary tag for my Model S expired and TM had to hand deliver another one to me. The new temp tag runs out in about three weeks and still no permanent registration doc. I suspect their ownership folks are having trouble dealing with 50 different state DMVs, but as deliveries ramp up, they have to get better at this. A normal car dealership has this down to a science and typically has tags waiting at delivery of the car or in just a few weeks after delivery.

Nigel or others in FL -- (slightly OT, apologies)

Have any of you had trouble getting TM to finalize your auto registration paperwork and get permanent (or transferred) tags. My first temporary tag for my Model S expired and TM had to hand deliver another one to me. The new temp tag runs out in about three weeks and still no permanent registration doc. I suspect their ownership folks are having trouble dealing with 50 different state DMVs, but as deliveries ramp up, they have to get better at this. A normal car dealership has this down to a science and typically has tags waiting at delivery of the car or in just a few weeks after delivery.

Yes for me. My expiration is approaching. I actually sent in the necessary paperwork to Tesla to get my tag transferred from my old car so I could use my existing license plate (and save a few $$$), which should also take less time because all they have to do is send me the sticker (no new license plate required). I'm sure these are just growing pains, but this really shouldn't take more than a week to ten days. I would guess that they're focused on the crazy states like Texas and Massachusetts (and Georgia etc.) that have all of these crazy restrictions they have to comply with to even get delivery of the cars accomplished. For whatever reason, I'm anxious to get a real license plate on the car so it doesn't feel like a "temporary" anything anymore!

In Georgia, we are getting temporary California paper "tags". They have been taped to the rear windshield. What shows is so small that it is almost invisible. In Georgia the temproary tags are placed where the standard tag goes and is the normal size of a license plate. Unfortunately, one of the other Georgia S owners has indicated that he has been pulled over 2 times already (since just Tuesday) and been told that his paperwork is inadequate. On the flip side, I was told that the California temporary tag was good for 90 days. I also worry about whether having the car registered in California first might negatively impact our ability to collect the $5000 Georgia Tax credit on new EVs.

It took Tesla about 5 weeks to get me the plate for my Roadster, so I didn't give it any thought WRT not yet having a plate for Model S. The issue may be that plates are issued by the county here and not centrally from some location? (Caveat: I'm not an expert on the process) Tesla of course is limited to one location in one county in Florida, as in many other states.

The issue may be that plates are issued by the county here and not centrally from some location? (Caveat: I'm not an expert on the process) Tesla of course is limited to one location in one county in Florida, as in many other states.

My information for transferring my plates was sent to California, so the strong impression I got is that this is being handled centrally by Tesla by someone who is probably dealing with all fifty states (or maybe the southeast or something), which would explain the time delay.