Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nightmare Experience! Only 500 miles driven...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supply and demand have caught up, expecting making profits is a pipe dream.
1661707044418.png

Attachments

• 1661707073934.png
    1661707073934.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 78
If you look at the time to build one versus the listed used price and the abundant of used listings, are you still thinking people are willing to pay more to buy used ? Of course, there are always few suckers.
I wouldn't necessarily call names people with money available to pay over the sticker price for used cars. Anything above $40k or so, IMHO, is a car you want, not the car you need.
That said, we can have as long as useless discussion on how the car value price is determined by KBB and others, but they do it using available statistical data, and based on what I was getting for my used cars, they are not off.

I wouldn't necessarily call names people with money available to pay over the sticker price for used cars. Anything above $40k or so, IMHO, is a car you want, not the car you need.
That said, we can have as long as useless discussion on how the car value price is determined by KBB and others, but they do it using available statistical data, and based on what I was getting for my used cars, they are not off.
The market determines the value of any given item on any given day in any given market…..KBB,NADA,and any others attempt to gather this information for dissemination to interested parties.

I don't blame you for being angry and frustrated with Tesla. I think everyone else would be too - especially if their situation and experience mirrored that of your own. On the positive, Tesla drive train problems are easily repaired, and I would give them the opportunity to make it right. If you're still sour on the car afterwards, because of your experience, sell it and move on.

Update - My local Tesla Service Center finally provided an update. It's in fact the rear drive unit that needs to be replaced which could be completed by this afternoon or as late as Tuesday. Either way, I don't want the car back.

I asked my service rep if this is a common issue and he said he's seen "plenty of rear drive units replaced" at his service center location. I asked him how common it is for a brand new Tesla and he said he's never seen a car with less than 1K miles have to be worked on like this. I asked him how he would navigate Tesla's "customer support" knowing what he knows (his words - "customer service is a black hole"), and he said he would have his manager call me. Another dead end...

Long story short, zero follow-up from Tesla about the lemon they sold me, nor any follow-up on their Roadside failure. I'm done
I agree with the others and your decision as well. Tesla has shown to not only admit their customer service stinks, but they have zero plans on doing anything about it. Great management always starts at the top and we've all seen how Elon reacts to complaints against his company. You're not going to get great customer service if the top CEO doesn't respect it himself.

I would sell it and most likely make a profit. If you want an all electric SUV, your choices will be limited for the time being, such as Kia/Genesis. You may just want to lease a Lexus RX Hybrid for a few years. Lexus not only prides itself on quality builds and reliability, but they also have top notch customer service. After a few years, then we'll see many many more all electric SUV choices on the market to choose from.

And after your lease ends, the Tesla superchargers will most likely be available to all EV's and the other makers will catch up with the Tesla Autopilot / FSD systems.

I agree with the others and your decision as well. Tesla has shown to not only admit their customer service stinks, but they have zero plans on doing anything about it. Great management always starts at the top and we've all seen how Elon reacts to complaints against his company. You're not going to get great customer service if the top CEO doesn't respect it himself.

I would sell it and most likely make a profit. If you want an all electric SUV, your choices will be limited for the time being, such as Kia/Genesis. You may just want to lease a Lexus RX Hybrid for a few years. Lexus not only prides itself on quality builds and reliability, but they also have top notch customer service. After a few years, then we'll see many many more all electric SUV choices on the market to choose from.

And after your lease ends, the Tesla superchargers will most likely be available to all EV's and the other makers will catch up with the Tesla Autopilot / FSD systems.
I saw the the BMW iX 50 yesterday and I really liked it. I will likely be putting an order in for one and deciding after which one I will keep (MYLR or iX).

Elon did say he wants to improve customer service ... "a few days ... mostly within the same day" ;).

Several months ago before his statement, I tried to schedule an appointment but it is 2 months out in one SC, and 2 weeks out in another (one that I tried to avoid). Fast forward to after his twitts, it is indeed faster scheduling, usually a week out or so, BUT I always got a follow-up message on the day before or on the day of the appointment that they need to move the schedule to a later date for whatever reason, so the end result is still the same.

Elon did say he wants to improve customer service ... "a few days ... mostly within the same day" ;).

Several months ago before his statement, I tried to schedule an appointment but it is 2 months out in one SC, and 2 weeks out in another (one that I tried to avoid). Fast forward to after his twitts, it is indeed faster scheduling, usually a week out or so, BUT I always got a follow-up message on the day before or on the day of the appointment that they need to move the schedule to a later date for whatever reason, so the end result is still the same.
I learned an important lesson young in life. You can teach someone how to use tools but you can never make them learn to become great at people skills. I was hired for my first IT job because I demonstrated professional courtesy to customers at my previous jobs. The manager took me on and said I can teach you how to fix computers but I could never teach you to improve your personality around others.

Elon will never change his personality, we should all believe who he is the first time around. If he was truly serious, he would hire an executive who's sole purpose is to deliver exceptional customer service, and that would start with someone you can reach out to anytime when you feel service is less than professional.

The second point you make is important too. Tesla is generating in massive amounts of revenue and sales but they have failed to expand their service and support team at the same pace as their vehicle builds and deliveries. They are either trying to save money by not expanding or simply don't care because they already have the customer's money.

I learned an important lesson young in life. You can teach someone how to use tools but you can never make them learn to become great at people skills. I was hired for my first IT job because I demonstrated professional courtesy to customers at my previous jobs. The manager took me on and said I can teach you how to fix computers but I could never teach you to improve your personality around others.

Elon will never change his personality, we should all believe who he is the first time around. If he was truly serious, he would hire an executive who's sole purpose is to deliver exceptional customer service, and that would start with someone you can reach out to anytime when you feel service is less than professional.

The second point you make is important too. Tesla is generating in massive amounts of revenue and sales but they have failed to expand their service and support team at the same pace as their vehicle builds and deliveries. They are either trying to save money by not expanding or simply don't care because they already have the customer's money.

I remember the early days when Elon said ‘service should be like this experience where little elves just take care of your car without you having to worry about it. You will come in, and get a Tesla loaner that is better than your current car, in all likelihood’.

Those were also the days when Tesla service called you proactively to make a service appointment with you, if you just happened to complain online on the now dead Tesla forums. 🙂

We all knew that situation would never last long, but I never thought it would deteriorate so much, as it is now.

Elon has short term focus, and gets distracted too easily. He is good for setting goals, but there out to be someone else running the operations. Let him be the chairman of the board. Let another auto industry expert take over as CEO.

phonetele226: Nope. Less than responsive service, perhaps, but failed cars? There are 10s of thousands of cars out there, we only hear of a few failures here, unless you have reliable links saying otherwise.
Tesla Model Y may not be leaving drivers stranded like this gentleman, but they are absolutely no example of high quality. Consumer Reports ranks this model dead last (1 out of 5) in long term reliability.

Yep, the interior is amazing.

The Y has it beat in a few areas; charging speeds at fast chargers, amount of rear storage space, the frunk to name a few.

The quietness and ride quality of the BMW was pretty amazing though.
I can’t get over the ginormous grill. Rest of the car looks good.

I have a few issues though. The hood is sealed shut. What?!
The faux crystal control knobs might look cool to some, but to me, they look a bit tacky. I am not going to a mani-pedi in these things, you know. 😌

Yet to test drive the i4, let alone an iX. EDIT: None are available for months to even sit in, thanks to supply chain issues.

Last edited: