Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nightmare Experience! Only 500 miles driven...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t get over the ginormous grill. Rest of the car looks good.

I have a few issues though. The hood is sealed shut. What?!
The faux crystal control knobs might look cool to some, but to me, they look a bit tacky. I am not going to a mani-pedi in these things, you know. 😌

Yet to test drive the i4, let alone an iX. Nine are available for months to even sit in, thanks to supply chain issues.
Yeah, grill is gross on the white model, looks better in person on a dark model (I saw blue).

You can still open the hood (hidden releases) however there is no storage, very strange that they could not figure out something clever there.

The crystal knobs are a hard pass for me as well. Fortunately it is an option package which I do not want.

Sadly yes, another wait of 6 months for an iX here. Although at this rate it could beat my model Y order lol.

I can’t get over the ginormous grill. Rest of the car looks good.

I have a few issues though. The hood is sealed shut. What?!
The faux crystal control knobs might look cool to some, but to me, they look a bit tacky. I am not going to a mani-pedi in these things, you know. 😌

Yet to test drive the i4, let alone an iX. Nine are available for months to even sit in, thanks to supply chain issues.
I agree on the looks as well, but what we are witnessing is the rest of the automotive industry finally catching up to Tesla overall. When that happens, Tesla will no longer be the dominant EV seller by miles. Customers will demand better service or walk with their feet to the next nearest EV seller in the next 5-10 years.

Here's the explanation of the overheating test of bmw from the original tester. Tesla certainly has more experience at this stage, but I am others will catch up.
We all know the track record of the others catching up with Tesla.
Here is an interesting article from 2014:
Tesla’s Giga Battery Factory Threatens the Auto, Utility and Building Controls Markets
"Most of its current and future competitors have considerably less vision, less imagination, a lot more baggage and less passion."

We all know the track record of the others catching up with Tesla.
Here is an interesting article from 2014:
Tesla’s Giga Battery Factory Threatens the Auto, Utility and Building Controls Markets
"Most of its current and future competitors have considerably less vision, less imagination, a lot more baggage and less passion."
That was back in 2014 ... as long as there is a free market, there are choices for consumers. Tesla certainly has lots of vision and has done a tremendous job in leading the E market, but I will not say others are always "lesses...", just because they have some leads doesn't mean the market is dead and set in stone age for all others. If Tesla is really so good at everything, then they should improve the build quality and customer services across all business units, there are other aspects of picking a product and it varies between individuals. I personally will not rule out another brand.

If Tesla is really so good at everything, then they should improve the build quality and customer services across all business units
This is a common misconception that the market leaders "should" do this or that. Tesla is NOT about consumers, it is NOT about saving the planet, or whatever one may imagine. Tesla, as every single market leader, is a cold-blooded counting money maker.

Tesla will ignore consumers as long as it can. If Tesla had a hint of competition with better customer service, believe me, they will bring loaner cars to your broken Tesla in 15 minutes.

This is a common misconception that the market leaders "should" do this or that. Tesla is NOT about consumers, it is NOT about saving the planet, or whatever one may imagine. Tesla, as every single market leader, is a cold-blooded counting money maker.

Tesla will ignore consumers as long as it can. If Tesla had a hint of competition with better customer service, believe me, they will bring loaner cars to your broken Tesla in 15 minutes.
This I can agree on, but I always think one day ... Giga factories will turn into a field playing football.

Elon once said making cars was not his ultimate goal. His ultimate goal was/is the AI robot, and he might declare "no more car making" and leave us to occupy Mars with his robots in the future.

• Funny
Reactions: cbdream99
I have a MY on order and these types of posts give me pause to reconsider my choice. It sounds Tesla customer service is like any other software company, when you have a problem, they seem to do everything possible to NOT have anyone available for a simple call and triage for the customer. You soon realize you are on an island. Simple empathy and knowing that you problem is in the Q for repair goes a long way with customer satisfaction.
Anytime you get pause, go to (insert any and every manufacture forum) and read the forums. If you only listened to 1 off isolated incidents, you will never purchase a vehicle, from any company. As for the rest of this story, drive thru's get blocked, it sucks, I've yet to see a riot from this. It's 110, but did the car shut off, because in an ICE car, if the engine died, you'd have no AC.

Anyways, this sucks, it sucks that roadside assistance took 5 hours. And for all that, they could sell the car and make money.

Reactions: electricar
Of course I tried to secure a different tow truck service (USAA failed me, too). USAA canceled 3 different tow trucks on me over the course of those 5 hours. I'm still dealing with them as well, but the tow truck companies were canceling my job because it was a Tesla and they didn't want to deal with it. More reason why I have MAJOR concerns about Tesla Roadside if I keep my Y.

The only way I got Tesla Roadside to ultimately send a tow truck was because my wife waited on hold for over an hour and demanded to speak with Tesla Roadside leadership. We ultimately had to put the restaurant on the phone who threatened to call the police/fire dept to get the car out of the way if Tesla wouldn't come.
You know there is a MAJOR trucker shortage right? I get that it sucks, but this is like...very common news.
I didn’t say thousands of cars you did. The simple fact is the OP had a major problem probably due to non-existent QC and Tesla product and service failed him. Surely you aren’t suggesting he is the only one ? And also consider that not all owners post their problems to forums.
Tesla service didn't fail them at all. Tow truck arrived. Maybe OP is the only person not aware that the trucking industry is 80K people short and that getting a tow truck is going to take some time, a long time.

roblab: I agree. I still don't understand why Tesla doesn't have the ability to roll when the rear drive unit goes out.

As for service, that discussion has been beaten to death here. Tesla: few and far between SCenters, frequently poorly managed.

I had a rear inverter fault on my 2022 S and was able to put into neutral.

It's all about reading the manual and putting it into tow (transport) mode. Thankfully I read the manual and didn't have to block a restaurant entrance like OP.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: Nubo and alexgr
I had a rear inverter fault on my 2022 S and was able to put into neutral.

It's all about reading the manual and putting it into tow (transport) mode. Thankfully I read the manual and didn't have to block a restaurant entrance like OP.
Yeah, there is not a lot of people will read the manual, it helps to know how to open the frunk, how to open the door from inside when the battery is dead, just wondering why the customer service agent or SC agent didn’t mention it to the OP.

Reactions: electricar
I'm impressed they were able to assess "long term reliability" on a car that's been out for 2 years.
They always have before and will continue to do so. Tesla is no different. Consumer Reports has been around for 50+ years and are THE standard for reliability survey collections. Your denial will come and go but their reputation will ALWAYS remain strong.

• Funny
Reactions: thesmokingman