Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apart from this - you can use the mobile app/web to start / stop charging - as well as heating/cooling.

Indeed! Very nice. Watching the video only served to increase my eagerness for the Model S (since I assume it will have similar conveniences).

Re the timer, I briefly debated installing in the line, but my grievance isn't sufficient to bother. It's not a major inconvenience; it's just astounding that they didn't add a timer to either side on the MINI E.

If Paul can charge while at work it should allow for the round-trip. My round trip is ~ 65 miles, including a stop at the gym. No charging stations around.

If Paul's charging at work is 120V, I think he is taking a big risk in buying a Leaf before we have any real data on the range. If the Leaf goes 100 miles the way the Roadster goes 244, then he'll probably be OK with a reliable 8 hours of charging at 120V. If the Leaf's 100 miles is more like 70 or 80 Roadster ideal miles, then he's going to be driving on the edge every day. That's the scenario that breeds unhappy EV owners.

I really hope Nissan isn't overselling the Leaf.

Cathy and I will start publishing data as soon as we get ours, hopefully pretty early in the process.

Another 99'r

nissan-leaf-fe-label.jpg

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/11/22/nissan-leaf-snags-99-mpg-rating-on-official-epa-sticker/

Looks like they use a formula and not an empirical test.
When will the Roadster get this "official" certification?

I would like more feedback from EV owners on Mr. Ghosn's quote. Is he right, has he nailed it? Is he mostly right(as in right for most people)? Or has he got this horribly wrong?

I think this is an important question and may say a lot about the uptake of EV's in the next 10-15 years.

If he is even close, what that is saying is; an EV is a superior product(or everyone is an environmentalist).

Yep, he nailed it. Personally, I do not expect to ever buy another ICE vehicle. I still have a Nissan Murano, but I only drive it when I really can't use the Roadster. The Murano will be obsoleted when my Model S arrives. After that, no more gas for me.

I think he's right IF the long-range, high-speed charging infrastructure comes so you don't need liquid-fuelled vehicles for long journeys. The fact that Nissan seems to have engaged with that question, and the exemplar for the rest of the world that the I5 corridor will represent makes me hopeful.