Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No 2022 Model 3 CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great to hear. I have been going back and forth on what to buy for when my M3P lease is up in July. I'd love to buy it but since I can't, I wanted to take advantage of the fed tax rebate along with CA one. But this is just an interim car until we can get into the Rivian or Cybertruck. So I am now leaning more towards getting the standard range Model 3 to just keep us in an EV until our reservation is up.

Anyone know why they don't list the potential $2500 CVRP rebate on the page like they do for the $750 fuel incentive? Is it to make sure they don't get blamed for listing it when not all people apply?

I already got it twice so I cannot apply again, so we are going to purchase it under my wife's name, which I am not sure if it will work. Anyone know? We file joint, so my name would show up there on the income documentation. I assume the CVRP is by each person regardless if you file taxes jointly?

Anyone know why they don't list the potential $2500 CVRP rebate on the page like they do for the $750 fuel incentive? Is it to make sure they don't get blamed for listing it when not all people apply?

I already got it twice so I cannot apply again, so we are going to purchase it under my wife's name, which I am not sure if it will work. Anyone know? We file joint, so my name would show up there on the income documentation. I assume the CVRP is by each person regardless if you file taxes jointly?

I think it’s because the $750 is an instant point of sale rebate. Others are not.

Only the mode 3 has the RWD mode which is $44990. The AWD mode one trim up is $51990. Not sure if that is base MSRP thiygh as it’s not stated.

The CVRP currently states:
CVRP-eligible Cars (per EPA Vehicle Class) will now have a maximum manufacturer's suggested retail price of $45,000* (previously $60,000).

So I assume the only Tesla eligible for CVRP is currently the RWD model 3

FYI, received an email from CVRP this AM and the rebate was approved.
So you got a model Y that came to over 60k with just the long range being added and you were approved for the 2k rebate despite it being over 60k? That bodes well because I just bought a Model 3LR and it’s 51k but that’s 35/36 plus 15/16k for long range. I will be calling tomorrow. Hoping we get more people on here to share their experiences now that the MSRP limits went down to 45k for the model 3

Anyway to see this? Anywhere I’ve checked for 2022, I’m only seeing Model Y listed as having MSRP of $58990
Order details page once you placed this order showed this…. This is from my 2021 order.

54E2422A-EF7A-447B-99C6-00A074B0E60E.jpeg

So you got a model Y that came to over 60k with just the long range being added and you were approved for the 2k rebate despite it being over 60k? That bodes well because I just bought a Model 3LR and it’s 51k but that’s 35/36 plus 15/16k for long range. I will be calling tomorrow. Hoping we get more people on here to share their experiences now that the MSRP limits went down to 45k for the model 3
The base price is 39,990.00. LR and performance are considered add ons. 👍

Reactions: Ajlepore
My friend ordered a M3 LR today and the base price was 35,000. You guys will be fine.
Sadly the vehicle agreement (given when I made the $250 deposit) does not separate the 35,000 and the 15,990 for the long range add-on… but the price details breakdown on my Tesla account preparing for delivery page does show it separated. Bummer I was hoping my vehicle agreement was separated like the Model Y. Hopefully my purchase agreement will break it down 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 0C39655E-E95C-4018-B9CF-CB5D05889C2A.png
    0C39655E-E95C-4018-B9CF-CB5D05889C2A.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 86
  • CB3DB6CA-9A02-48DB-9B5E-FAFF4EB714CF.png
    CB3DB6CA-9A02-48DB-9B5E-FAFF4EB714CF.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 93
To

thanks for living this. Just checked my order agreement for a myp and unfortunately it looks like they no longer “itemize” trim levels. And so my base is essentially 64k. Makes me wonder if I should try to pick up a LR on inventory…
My order agreement on my Model3 LR also doesn’t itemize and separate the LR add on sadly. He showed his Purchase Agreement though, so hopefully they separate it on that. On my Tesla profile they separated it but not on the order agreement. Fingers crossed the purchase agreement separates it!

Attachments

• 3439708D-DC46-49F0-9E90-FA3C11D44FB4.png
    3439708D-DC46-49F0-9E90-FA3C11D44FB4.png
    238.1 KB · Views: 83
  • CA05B4DF-1BA1-485D-AF56-1DA1B0940A4A.png
    CA05B4DF-1BA1-485D-AF56-1DA1B0940A4A.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 74
My order agreement on my Model3 LR also doesn’t itemize and separate the LR add on sadly. He showed his Purchase Agreement though, so hopefully they separate it on that. On my Tesla profile they separated it but not on the order agreement. Fingers crossed the purchase agreement separates it!
None of those state that the Model 3 price of $35k is the MSRP though. Are we sure that is what CVRP will look at for MSRP price? I ask because if you take for example the Kia EV6, the MSRP is a different price between the Wind and GT-Line model, which has the same base platform - AWD and 77.4 kWh Battery, but their MSRP's are very different prices - $50.9k vs $55.9k.

So I have a feeling the actual MSRP listed for Tesla's various models is not that top line item only in the price breakdown.

None of those state that the Model 3 price of $35k is the MSRP though. Are we sure that is what CVRP will look at for MSRP price? I ask because if you take for example the Kia EV6, the MSRP is a different price between the Wind and GT-Line model, which has the same base platform - AWD and 77.4 kWh Battery, but their MSRP's are very different prices - $50.9k vs $55.9k.

So I have a feeling the actual MSRP listed for Tesla's various models is not that top line item only in the price breakdown.
I’m hoping it changes on the Purchase Agreement but sadly I think we may be screwed. Really annoying if people lose out on the rebate just because Tesla decided to not separate trim levels anymore

I’m hoping it changes on the Purchase Agreement but sadly I think we may be screwed. Really annoying if people lose out on the rebate just because Tesla decided to not separate trim levels anymore
It really is. I can't understand why it's so hard to find clearly printed 'MSRP' for Telsa's. I guess in any case, since I'm frugal, I'll keep the RWD order we have. I was thinking switching over to the AWD if I could still get $2500 CVRP rebate. I know it's a small amount but it matters to this cheap guy. lol

It really is. I can't understand why it's so hard to find clearly printed 'MSRP' for Telsa's. I guess in any case, since I'm frugal, I'll keep the RWD order we have. I was thinking switching over to the AWD if I could still get $2500 CVRP rebate. I know it's a small amount but it matters to this cheap guy. lol
For me it means $4500 in rebates down the drain, because I would qualify for the extra low income money. So I’m really frustrated 😭online I’ve looked up every MVPA I can find and they all seem to have the costs separated, but none are from 2022. Seems very odd to have them seperated for years and then combine it suddenly when it matters most

So, not like you can take a word from advisors as 100% accurate, but I responded back to my 'Welcome to Tesla' text I received to ask about this. This is the response I got:
"That is correct; the MSRP for the RWD will be $44,990, so this will be the only trim that qualifies."

This matches up with what I suspected so to be safe, I guess I will be sticking with our RWD order. It's not a big deal for me to be with less power, as much as I really enjoyed this Performance model, I never got to track it. This will be sufficient to hold us over until a truck EV comes along.