Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No audio, silent turn signals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone experiencing this? Occured this morning and one other time about a month ago. I'm on version 2019.32.12.2, M3 SR+.
Can see the turn signals flashing appropriately externally but no turn signal sounds and no visual signs on the avatar. Music doesn't work either.

Last edited:
Try a hard reset , press both scroll wheels with break pedal and wait 5 minutes you should see the Tesla logo if successful. After a major firmware update where lots of new features have been added this is always a good idea, it clears all the memory and reboots the MCU so now your car has the latest features with the proper memory management.

• Helpful
Reactions: Pegann
Sounds like a (for me at least) long standing issue. Try parking and then opening and closing your door. You may or may not need to get out, close the door, then get back in. This may not be it as I thought this was fixed long ago (hasn't happened to me in a very long time).

Anyone experiencing this? Occured this morning and one other time about a month ago. I'm on version 2019.32.12.2, M3 SR+.
Can see the turn signals flashing appropriately externally but no turn signal sounds and no visual signs on the avatar. Music doesn't work either.

2018 Model 3. I've had this issue once or twice a year. But usually it fixes once I reset the screen with the wheels. But it's not working this time.

One of my model 3’s is doing this now...no audio (radio, turn signal, engaging autopilot, etc.) key less entry not working...but smart summon worked amazing last night at the movie theatre (too bad I had to use my keycard to get in once they car got to me...). Hard reboot and soft reboot hasn’t fixed it...

Not sure if this help, but often after a new update a full reboot is necessary.
I noticed that just rebooting the screen (by pressing the two wheels, or select the 'Reset' menu) don't always solve an issue.

What I do in general is to go to the 'wheel size' setting, and change from 18" to 19" for example,
and wait until the car reboot. And I reverse then back from 19" to 18" to reboot a second time.

Reactions: fiveten
Not sure if this help, but often after a new update a full reboot is necessary.
I noticed that just rebooting the screen (by pressing the two wheels, or select the 'Reset' menu) don't always solve an issue.

What I do in general is to go to the 'wheel size' setting, and change from 18" to 19" for example,
and wait until the car reboot. And I reverse then back from 19" to 18" to reboot a second time.
I’ll try that...I haven’t had an update in a little while and this no sound issue just started for no apparent reason...my over heat protections isn’t working either...my car got up to like 140 something degrees yesterday

I’ll try that...I haven’t had an update in a little while and this no sound issue just started for no apparent reason...my over heat protections isn’t working either...my car got up to like 140 something degrees yesterday
Just tried changing the wheel configuration...the car did the reset but still no sounds (I even tried the fart app and nope no sound)

There is an option on the display screen under security settings I believe where you can power off the car...I’m calling that a hard reboot.
I thought a hard reboot was disconnecting the connector under the rear seat (right side). So now my question is if the steering wheel buttons is the same thing as the screen reset, or the screen reset is the same thing as the rear seat connector. So which one is it? Thanks gang.

my car got up to like 140 something degrees yesterday
How can you know the inside temperature of the car from the car? I know you can see it from the app, but it doesn't always show it, for what I remember. Thank you.

I thought a hard reboot was disconnecting the connector under the rear seat (right side). So now my question is if the steering wheel buttons is the same thing as the screen reset, or the screen reset is the same thing as the rear seat connector. So which one is it? Thanks gang.

How can you know the inside temperature of the car from the car? I know you can see it from the app, but it doesn't always show it, for what I remember. Thank you.
My app always shows the inside temperature I think

There is an option on the display screen under security settings I believe where you can power off the car...I’m calling that a hard reboot...not sure if it really is one or not...and I’m calling the two scroll wheels reboot a soft reboot
This is not a hard reboot, where you shutdown the whole car, like when you unplug your computer or disconnect the battery of your laptop.

See the following web page: Tesla Model 3 Hard Reset

Reactions: fiveten
Still no sounds at all in my model 3. Radio, phone, turn signal, autopilot beeps, warnings, fart app, open door chimes, etc., all not making any noise. Mobile service came out yesterday and weren't able to fix it. Might be a bad amp or a faulty computer they say...