Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Auto-shift beta or Parking Assist after 2024.14.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After all of my reading that seems like it’s the case. I wish I understood why on earth they don’t put the option in to select the center display for FSD/ autopilot and that would solve everything. Taping to park looks so much more intuitive and quick compared to scrolling through all the spaces to select the one you want.
If you can share any articles or links for discussions about these features being missing I would appreciate it.

Basically after one drive with the new software. Tried a redeploy it’s still just out of park only. Auto park is unaffected.
Actually, I just discovered that I do have auto park, but I still do not have auto shift beta
Originally, I thought I do not have auto park because I could not see any settings for it anywhere under FSD but then later as I’m driving in a parking spot, I noticed that auto park works

Despite all of that, I’m still curious why the auto shift beta is disappearing from the window for many users

Reactions: Evee
2022 MYLR Installed 2024.14.9 Went to town 20 miles south and back home 20 miles north.
No nags. No dry wipes. Most encouraging. No longer shows suggested alternative routes. Not encouraging. It did let me disengage and drive a reasonable much shorter route. A bit encouraging.

Time to go home. Still no dry wipes, really happy about that. Nags every 20 seconds. Very discouraging. No change in anything except direction?

Suspicion?????? Could it be that my trip started with highway driving and nags have been removed from highway driving? And my trip home started with city driving and nags haven't been removed from city driving?

I'll start watching this, but it sure leads me to believe that the car has no ability to detect the difference between city and highway driving as it moves between them, but is able to decide which it is in the trip start and then stays in that mode throughout the trip?

Overall - no more or less safe or unsafe, comfortable or scary, predictable or unpredictable that it has been for the last year. 2024.14.9 didn't seem to fix or break anything. Another nothing burger.

Actually, I just discovered that I do have auto park, but I still do not have auto shift beta
Originally, I thought I do not have auto park because I could not see any settings for it anywhere under FSD but then later as I’m driving in a parking spot, I noticed that auto park works

Despite all of that, I’m still curious why the auto shift beta is disappearing from the window for many users
Are you sure it’s gone? I had thought the same but they moved it

moved it where?
Here ya go
1718307439147.jpeg