Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No discount on 200+ mile showroom Model Y

Advice on what to do

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would suspect the showroom car would not have the panel gaps and other cosmetic issues so much complained about here. A car with a lot of paint and other issues will not sell the product well.
Yeah mine was surprisingly good. There was one small scratch on the rear bumper that will come out when I have the paint corrected and ceramic coated next week. Panel fit was really good

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I ended up releasing the show room model. I had to tell three people on separate occasions to cancel the order as I kept getting text messages to pick up the car in Burlingame (scheduled a week from today).

The rep on the phone told me they are shipping all their current production models to the East Coast for the next couple weeks so I shouldn’t expect mine until late August or early September. Fingers crossed if I gets here sooner! They also said they would keep an eye out as the dealerships receive a few inventor units from time to time.

I bought a demo model S LR+ with 500 miles. It has a $3060 discount. I figured correctly that the demo car would have good paint and panel alignment. The car was washed when I picked it up and they had it chargers to 90%. As far as I can tell, the car is perfect. I have it one month and it already received 5 over the air updates.