Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Front Camera View?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A camera like this doesn't exist on a Tesla.

As others have said, the existing front camera is on your windshield, providing the same view you have looking out the windshield.

There's no reason to enable this to be activated while driving.
You sir, are mistaken. A front camera did exist. It was NOT installed by Tesla. It was a DIY project that a couple hundred of us installed ourselves on our cars. The inventor was an owner named "artsic". His first Tesla didn't even have parking sensors, so he came up with a way to add another camera. Once the kit was installed, we had 99% full time view of the few feet and "down the road ahead of us" view. And when we put the car in reverse, we could see the rear camera. And we had ways to use if we wanted the rear camera up instead of the front.

I saw again, it was not installed by Tesla and Tesla didn't support it.

You sir, are mistaken. A front camera did exist. It was NOT installed by Tesla. It was a DIY project that a couple hundred of us installed ourselves on our cars. The inventor was an owner named "artsic". His first Tesla didn't even have parking sensors, so he came up with a way to add another camera. Once the kit was installed, we had 99% full time view of the few feet and "down the road ahead of us" view. And when we put the car in reverse, we could see the rear camera. And we had ways to use if we wanted the rear camera up instead of the front.

I saw again, it was not installed by Tesla and Tesla didn't support it.
I'm not mistaken, it didn't come from Tesla. Adding a 3rd party camera is not what people are talking about here.

With Musk abandoning the ultrasonic sensors and radar in favor of "vision only", he will need to remember and predict limits and obstacles as much as possible, forming more artifucisl view of parking curbs, lines, and obstacles. I see great problems in returning to your parked car after a small child starts playing out of camera range either in front of behind the vehicle. I don't see how losing the added non-vision sensors will be able to provide this coverage, and lives will be lost. Remounting or adding cameras might help.

This is a bummer. Just picked up a M3 and the first thing I checked when I parked into my garage was the front camera to see how close I can pull up to the wall. That’s unfortunate that Tesla couldn’t add one extra camera.