Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No holiday update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What?! Someone wants to sue to have a gaming car.
It's not about just gaming capability. It's about the promise they made on delivery event date.

I don't think I'm gonna play steam game in my car but still what's happening now is unacceptible for their 'premium' flagship model.

Many advertised features are missing without any explanation or apologizes.

Reactions: aerodyne
It's not about just gaming capability. It's about the promise they made on delivery event date.

I don't think I'm gonna play steam game in my car but still what's happening now is unacceptible for their 'premium' flagship model.

At least they have not started to take away features like in the “legacy” MS

I still think it's ridiculous that someone's decision to spend $100,000 on a car is based on their expectation of being able to play an arcade game.

I still think it's ridiculous that someone's decision to spend $100,000 on a car is based on their expectation of being able to play an arcade game.
I don't think anyone's decision was based solely on an "expectation" of being able to play games. The "expectation" is that Tesla gives people that DO PAY/HAVE PAID $100,000 for their cars get what was promised to them.

Reactions: aerodyne and Boza
I don't think anyone's decision was based solely on an "expectation" of being able to play games. The "expectation" is that Tesla gives people that DO PAY/HAVE PAID $100,000 for their cars get what was promised to them.

200mph top speed, nothing required….

Time passes….

Gove is $20k more for a brake kit that still hasn’t come. Wasn’t it aupposed to be available last June?! 🤣

Reactions: josahua and DWtsn
At the very bottom of the Model S page: Model S

"Access to features that use cellular data and third-party licenses are subject to change."

Steam would clearly fall into these categories making any class action quickly fail. I'm just the messenger and not agreeing/disagreeing with the changes (I have 8 GB RAM, so no Steam).

It's also possible Steam and the games required less memory when the Model S LR/Plaid was designed 2-3 years ago and would have fit at that time. As is often the case, software grows over time and requires greater resources. Tesla may have run out of those resources far sooner than expected. Not an excuse, but theorizing what may have happened.

At the very bottom of the Model S page: Model S

"Access to features that use cellular data and third-party licenses are subject to change."

Steam would clearly fall into these categories making any class action quickly fail. I'm just the messenger and not agreeing/disagreeing with the changes (I have 8 GB RAM, so no Steam).

It's also possible Steam and the games required less memory when the Model S LR/Plaid was designed 2-3 years ago and would have fit at that time. As is often the case, software grows over time and requires greater resources. Tesla may have run out of those resources far sooner than expected. Not an excuse, but theorizing what may have happened.
Their problem, not ours. The feature, even though not steam particular, was advertised ("up to 10 teraflops of processing power enables in-car gaming on-par with today's newest consoles", "PS-5 Level Performance" ) and demonstrated in a 2021 Model S. Between 200 mph costing an additional $20k in hardware (not stated during original purchase), Steam at $2k in hardware (also not stated), and the tilt screen, and the Plaid+ ridiculousness, this is out of hand. Its time to call Tesla's bluff.

• Funny
Reactions: DWtsn and jebinc
All I'm saying is Tesla has a clear out on Steam, and I have yet to see anything promised. Saying it has PS5 level performance is not a promise of Steam. I understand the annoyance of it (as I don't have Steam either), but the car is still a great car. I don't expect Tesla to give out $2K MCUZ upgrades for free but give credit to those who try.

I think not getting the 200 mph limit for Plaid is a far stronger case, but I didn't research the fine print on that one.

Reactions: zoomer0056
All I'm saying is Tesla has a clear out on Steam, and I have yet to see anything promised. Saying it has PS5 level performance is not a promise of Steam. I understand the annoyance of it (as I don't have Steam either), but the car is still a great car. I don't expect Tesla to give out $2K MCUZ upgrades for free but give credit to those who try.

I think not getting the 200 mph limit for Plaid is a far stronger case, but I didn't research the fine print on that one.
My issue is very simple. Don't say you are going to sell me something, demo it, and then not do it. If they never even mentioned the capability back in 2021 and it came out today, I would be like "oh well" and wouldn't care because I wasn't promised anything. If you are going to advertise something as a basis of sale, demo it, and then not deliver, in whatever format or method (steam, etc.), get ready for some legal headaches.

This applies to all the features previously mentioned. And it is quite apparent the 2021 MCUZ was a supply chain bastard (beta) version because they only made enough for 6 months or less worth of production on a low production vehicle (about 6400 of them max).

Last edited: