Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Class action? Tesla is charging $2000 to upgrade 16G RAM for 2021 owners to get steam working in car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found a discussion in Facebook group.
What’s your thought?
Will you pay $2000 to get steam?

6D5B14C8-8796-40CE-87A1-BF5E11995BF6.jpeg

At least you get an upgrade option. Us “legacy” owners get nothing at all.

As for spending $2,000 to play games on a 17” screen? That’s gonna be a negative ghostrider from me TBH. You can get a hell of a gaming rig for that.
2021 June. They demonstrate the capability to play this PS5 level video game however the early refresh model S doesn’t equip required hardware at all.

Then this is false and misleading advertisement

There it is.
If this is not entitled, why they announce the capability to play PS5 level games at the event?
The basis is, to get advertised feature, people are required to pay for something they already paid for.

9D6E96C7-A785-4F7F-8568-CD9DFCE30BE2.jpeg

Attachments

• 73AF23C7-9352-46A7-8FAA-5B8CA17D4748.jpeg
    73AF23C7-9352-46A7-8FAA-5B8CA17D4748.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 303
There it is.
If this is not entitled, why they announce the capability to play PS5 level games at the event?
The basis is, to get advertised feature, people are required to pay for something they already paid for.

View attachment 886215

While I sympathize, I don’t see a case here.
I’ll still take your retainer though.

A5BD20F5-12E1-49CB-9205-1FA92E9C80CA.png

You mean the demo video can not be a proof. Any reason why? As a customer I feel that this company is demonstrating their product’s feature appealing people to buy
Car companies demo "features" all the time that don't actually end up in the production version. I don't ever remember seeing anything on Tesla's website promising Witcher or Steam back when the refresh S came out. Tesla also protects themselves by stating in the order language that they have the right to change features prior to delivery.

Car companies demo "features" all the time that don't actually end up in the production version. I don't ever remember seeing anything on Tesla's website promising Witcher or Steam back when the refresh S came out. Tesla also protects themselves by stating in the order language that they have the right to change features prior to delivery.
I do agree.
But there is a news:
Recently there is an owner from WA sue Tesla in a small claims court requesting Tesla to upgrade the computer for cars produced after 2016 for free. The basis is that they claim all cars after that year equipped with FSD capable HW. But we know there is a cost of HW2 upgrade to HW3.

I believe this is not stated clearly in their order agreement like us: no PS5 gaming capabilities in 2021 SX

I do agree.
But there is a news:
Recently there is an owner from WA sue Tesla in a small claims court requesting Tesla to upgrade the computer for cars produced after 2016 for free. The basis is that they claim all cars after that year equipped with FSD capable HW. But we know there is a cost of HW2 upgrade to HW3.

I believe this is not stated clearly in their order agreement like us: no PS5 gaming capabilities in 2021 SX

One could sue the moon for not being made of cheese but that doesn’t mean they’ll get a morsel for the effort.

That being said, it’d be curious if they win. I wouldn’t hate a horizontal retrofit for our MX.

I do agree.
But there is a news:

Basically he paid for FSD but his car didn't support it. Totally different from expecting game play due to a demonstration in a show.

From Judge Says Tesla Must Upgrade Owner's FSD Computer Free Of Charge

Tesla was recently ordered by a judge to upgrade an owner's self-driving computer system. This is so the customer can actually begin to use the Full Self-Driving beta software he paid for, without having to pay extra now.

Basically he paid for FSD but his car didn't support it.

From Judge Says Tesla Must Upgrade Owner's FSD Computer Free Of Charge

Tesla was recently ordered by a judge to upgrade an owner's self-driving computer system. This is so the customer can actually begin to use the Full Self-Driving beta software he paid for, without having to pay extra now.
Article says it was a default judgement.

To be fair, sending a lawyer out to fight this likely costs more than just doing the upgrade so I can understand why they didn’t even show.

This guy in our group is trying “replace and go” retrofit on 29th.
We are seeing what will happen next
Robert sounds like a real knob.

Tesla service gets a lot of deserved flack, but then I see reminders that they have to deal with tools like this all day long and I can’t help but feel some sympathy.

Last edited: