Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No LTE connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no LTE connectivity as of this morning. M3 LR 2020. Installed 2023.7.20 on Friday and all was fine. Wi-Fi fine too. Double scroll wheel rebooted several times with no resolution. I know how to get into service mode but wouldn’t know what to check. Anyone else with the issue right now or hints how to resolve? Mobile service not available until a week from Sunday.

Is this in one location, or everywhere? Recently I noticed that I have no connectivity from just outside my house to a few blocks away. I just sort of assumed that the phone company may have switched a local cell tower to 5G and dropped the LTE. I really have no idea if this is correct, but it made sense to me.

Oh, and it happens in both of my cars.

Hey community. Just thought I’d add that, in the last month or so, our 2023 model 3 rwd has had really terrible LTE connectivity. Most of the time it just isn’t working and makes premium a bit pointless. Tried a reset and on latest firmware (2023.44.1). Logged a service request but not sure of the issue :(

Hey community. Just thought I’d add that, in the last month or so, our 2023 model 3 rwd has had really terrible LTE connectivity. Most of the time it just isn’t working and makes premium a bit pointless. Tried a reset and on latest firmware (2023.44.1). Logged a service request but not sure of the issue :(
I have two M3's. A 2023 M3P and a 2023 RWD. Once they were updated to 2023.44.1, the LTE connectivity turned to crapoola, no matter where the cars are located.

I'm thinking that 2023.44.1 is to blame here. Anyone else seeing this?

I have two M3's. A 2023 M3P and a 2023 RWD. Once they were updated to 2023.44.1, the LTE connectivity turned to crapoola, no matter where the cars are located.

I'm thinking that 2023.44.1 is to blame here. Anyone else seeing this?
Very similar experience here - I now have frequent drops of LTE while driving on routes that never had issues before. Also M3 on 2023.44.1

Very similar experience here - I now have frequent drops of LTE while driving on routes that never had issues before. Also M3 on 2023.44.1
I scheduled a service visit and they inquired as to dates and times where I experienced problems. They were able to verify in the logs and cleared map tile caches and other internal items and scheduled another visit to replace the LTE board (the part was not in stock at the SC). However, clearing the caches and whatever other resets they did seemed to resolve my problems and now everything appears to be back to normal. My other 2023 M3 (RWD) seemed to recover all on it's own without a service visit.

I guess it's sort of like eating at Taco Bell. Problems may arise but after a while they clear up on their own or need just a bit of help to "remove the blockages".

I scheduled a service visit and they inquired as to dates and times where I experienced problems. They were able to verify in the logs and cleared map tile caches and other internal items and scheduled another visit to replace the LTE board (the part was not in stock at the SC). However, clearing the caches and whatever other resets they did seemed to resolve my problems and now everything appears to be back to normal. My other 2023 M3 (RWD) seemed to recover all on it's own without a service visit.

I guess it's sort of like eating at Taco Bell. Problems may arise but after a while they clear up on their own or need just a bit of help to "remove the blockages".
Update: After working fine for 4 days the LTE was not working again yesterday late afternoon, and a dual scroll wheel reboot did not help. When I arrived home and was in range of Wi-Fi I was offered and installed the 2023.44.30.1 update. That did not seem to help. This morning when leaving home I had no LTE. I drove about 7 miles and parked for a few hours. After a scroll wheel reboot and waiting a while it started working again and is working now. The car is currently at home parked in the garage and attached to Wi-Fi. If I get in the car and turn off Wi-Fi it shows that LTE is working, so once it started working about 10:30 am this morning it has been working properly for about 11 hours.

I messaged the service center as I had a pending appointment to replace the LTE board. I'll report back when I get more info from them.

This sure seems like a software issue to me. I'd hate to drive an hour to the SC and replace the board only to find that the problem is still there. The LTE on my car was fine until I installed the 2023.44.1 update.

Update2: Visited the local SC (70 miles away 140 mi r/t) to get the connectivity board replaced. Was provided with a loaner (2020 M3 with 80k miles). Frankly I was surprised how well the loaner drove for having 80k miles on the clock.

The replacement was completed later the same day. Initial impressions are that everything seems to be back to normal. I'll report back if anything changes.

Update2: Visited the local SC (70 miles away 140 mi r/t) to get the connectivity board replaced. Was provided with a loaner (2020 M3 with 80k miles). Frankly I was surprised how well the loaner drove for having 80k miles on the clock.

The replacement was completed later the same day. Initial impressions are that everything seems to be back to normal. I'll report back if anything changes.
My 2021 LR's LTE connectivity board appears to have died about a week and half ago. After several scroll wheel reboots, a full power off reboot, and the update to 2023.44.30.8, there is no change. Service mode also shows the cell connection as bad. I have service scheduled next week. Hopefully a board swap will be the fix, if they have one in stock.

Same issue here, 2022 Model 3 RWD. I have no LTE connection, no map...etc. Contacted SC and they will replace the Connectivity board. I was provided a loaner (2021 M3 SR+) and the repair still on going after 6 days (Long weekend, they may not be working on MLK). I was also told they ran into some software issue so it will take longer to complete.

• Informative
Reactions: Mike1080i
2019 SR+, no LTE connectivity since early December. I recall it happened after the last software update before this current version. Service mode is showing null antenna and the modem test shows no one is home.

I killed the power (12v + high voltage cutoff under the back seat) for a few minutes, no change. Also reinstalled software via service mode. No change.

I'm contemplating buying a new LTE board from the service center since the install appears not too bad. Thoughts?

2019 SR+, no LTE connectivity since early December. I recall it happened after the last software update before this current version. Service mode is showing null antenna and the modem test shows no one is home.

I killed the power (12v + high voltage cutoff under the back seat) for a few minutes, no change. Also reinstalled software via service mode. No change.

I'm contemplating buying a new LTE board from the service center since the install appears not too bad. Thoughts?
Similar to my experience and I tried the same steps with the same results. Although mine was working after the update to 44.30.5.1, that I received on 12/22. Two weeks later on 1/5 was when I noticed the LTE was down.

In service mode mine shows the modem with Roaming "Allowed" and Valid IMEI in green, but Valid SIM grayed out. Cell status all gray except for the Cell Connection in Red with "Failed to connect" under it. Both cellular antennas show green and apparently good.

I wonder if in my case, if only the SIM failed, at least that's what service mode appears to indicate to me. I have an appointment tomorrow at the nearest service center to R&R the connectivity board.

I have the same problem with my 2019 SR+ I’m at 76k miles. I get no LTE signal I put a request to get it checked out and remotely they figured something out. (They didn’t explain what was wrong with it) they just sent me this estimate. I’m not going to pay for it. Tesla is just a big scam!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1017.png
    IMG_1017.png
    495.6 KB · Views: 42
I have the same problem with my 2019 SR+ I’m at 76k miles. I get no LTE signal I put a request to get it checked out and remotely they figured something out. (They didn’t explain what was wrong with it) they just sent me this estimate. I’m not going to pay for it. Tesla is just a big scam!!!
I would not say that something breaking on your vehicle is a "scam." :rolleyes:

My 2021 is still under warranty and the estimate I got was listed as 0.00 "Pay Type: Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty" and that's what I ended up paying.

I don't see where it's a scam. If it fails under warranty they pay, if fails outside of warranty you pay.

I would not say that something breaking on your vehicle is a "scam." :rolleyes:
To me it’s ridiculous, I would understand basic wear and tear stuff breaking but something doing to do with the computer that we have no control over or keeping up maintenance. It’s almost like a Money ticking time bomb ready to explode your bank account. I’m getting rid of mine!