Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No LTE connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the board from the service center. Just buying the board and not installing it made mine work again (LOL).

It's been working now for 3 weeks so I will keep the board just in case. I didn't have any software updates immediately before it started working, just an appointment to get the parts price. :p

I purchased the board from the service center. Just buying the board and not installing it made mine work again (LOL).

It's been working now for 3 weeks so I will keep the board just in case. I didn't have any software updates immediately before it started working, just an appointment to get the parts price. :p
Perhaps I should have given mine a little more time (although the tech did say my board was internally faulting). If it happens again I might try your approach of buying a replacement board as a spare then waiting longer to see if it recovers before I swap it.

Perhaps I should have given mine a little more time (although the tech did say my board was internally faulting). If it happens again I might try your approach of buying a replacement board as a spare then waiting longer to see if it recovers before I swap it.
I'd definitely like to know WHY mine stopped working. It has stopped before but recovered within a few days OR a software update. This past time it was a few weeks, so I really figured it was dead. My only thought right now is there was a configuration error with the car (I'm pretty sure Tesla can "reconfigure" it without an official update you have to "install") or AT&T had a configuration issue specific to some devices (I know AT&T couldn't be down for weeks in lots of coverage areas.)

1. How much was the board?
  2. Is there a way in service mode to check if the board is iffy? I seem to lose LTE from time-to-time* and have always wondered if something was wrong (since day 1 - I'm a dummy for not having this checked before the warranty expired)
*Frequent "Navigating without traffic info" messages, occasional challenges connecting to the car remotely, etc - nothing intolerable, but an annoyance none-the-less

1. How much was the board?
  2. Is there a way in service mode to check if the board is iffy? I seem to lose LTE from time-to-time* and have always wondered if something was wrong (since day 1 - I'm a dummy for not having this checked before the warranty expired)
*Frequent "Navigating without traffic info" messages, occasional challenges connecting to the car remotely, etc - nothing intolerable, but an annoyance none-the-less
The board was $110 + tax at the service center.
You can place the car in service mode and under infotainment > connectivity and there is a LTE Antenna and LTE Modem check.

The LTE Modem test will run (for a while) and display a window showing the modem was not reachable and the car tried rebooting the modem and still nothing if it's bad.

I've seen when the modem is out the antennas are also out since they connect the modem and the if modem isn't working, the car can't check the resistance of the antennas either.

Since my car started acting up yesterday again (off and on, not the AT&T outage), I'm going to replace the board today.

• Informative
Reactions: Kevy Baby
It sounds like the modem is user replaceable? If so, where is it located?
It looks like I found the answer to the "location" question. Just not sure it is something I want to do myself (I could - just a little too much liability for my preference).

Reactions: M3-Florida