Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more auto-dimming mirrors on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do still mention the rear view mirror dims in the Model 3 & Y Owners Manual:

Rear View Mirror

The rear view mirror is adjusted manually. When in the Drive or Neutral gear, the rear view mirror automatically dims in low lighting conditions (for example, when driving at night or through a tunnel).

I replaced mine with the Suma blue tint wide angle mirrors and couldn't be happier... It made all the difference in the world from multiple perspectives.

In fact, if someone wants to buy my old dimming/heated mirrors, make me an offer...

Another cost-cutting move, it would appear. The interior of all Model 3 no longer states auto-dimming for the mirrors.

I wish they would make it a software option for those of us with side dimming mirrors.
If they did discontinue the dimming mirrors in newer cars, that doesn't bode well for us ever seeing a software option to engage dimming manually. There's less incentive for them to develop this option just for the older fleet when new cars henceforth won't even have the dimming capability.

Reactions: AdamMacDon
Another case of, be careful what you wish for. There have been several threads dumping on auto dimming side mirrors saying they wish we didn't have them. It appears they got their wish.

I have them. I just wish we had more control over them. They're great, but sometimes we need a bit more control over things than we have.

I mean what's next? No more auto-wipers?