Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more Full Self Driving?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla probably can't "book" EAP or FSD revenue until those elements are released in a non-beta form. EAP is getting closer to achieving the features listed on the order configuration page, so it's possible Tesla could declare EAP as delivered sometime this year.

FSD is clearly further out - and when we purchased FSD for our 2017 S and 2018 X, our expectation wasn't that we'd see FSD any time soon, but that we'd seen NOAP (Navigate On AutoPilot) in more places than limited access highways, likely starting this year. EAP will likely be limited to NOAP only for limited access highways.

This is an update on my FSD purchase of 12/31/2018. The transaction posted on my credit card on 1/1/2019, but Tesla has yet to send me any acknowledgment, like a welcome letter or even a receipt. "[email protected]" is less than useless. They seam to have no intentions of communicating with me, whatsoever. A gentleman from Tesla customer service has been trying to help. Tesla couldn't find my transaction, so I had to send them a receipt from my credit card company to prove to them that I actually made the purchase. Now I have spent $5,350 with high hopes in my heart, yet I have nothing to show for it. I thought Tesla was supposed to treat their customers better.

This is an update on my FSD purchase of 12/31/2018. The transaction posted on my credit card on 1/1/2019, but Tesla has yet to send me any acknowledgment, like a welcome letter or even a receipt. "[email protected]" is less than useless. They seam to have no intentions of communicating with me, whatsoever. A gentleman from Tesla customer service has been trying to help. Tesla couldn't find my transaction, so I had to send them a receipt from my credit card company to prove to them that I actually made the purchase. Now I have spent $5,350 with high hopes in my heart, yet I have nothing to show for it. I thought Tesla was supposed to treat their customers better.
I have purchased FSD in December. After a few days I had an invoice in my Tesla account website.
When I check the option codes of my car, nothing has changed however...

I have purchased FSD in December. After a few days I had an invoice in my Tesla account website.
When I check the option codes of my car, nothing has changed however...

Same for me. I purchased FSD last year in June and no change has been seeing in the option codes (still APF1 instead APF2 for FSD). I ask my SC and they told me the option codes reflects the configuration of the car at the time it has been ordered ...

We purchased FSD with our 2017 S 100D and 2018 X 100D. While we don't expect to see the vehicles drive themselves any time soon, what we do expect to see (sometime this year?) if NOAP (Navigate On AutoPilot) to start working on more roads than limited access highways. And that will start providing value for purchasing FSD, even if it is only in driver assistance mode.

We purchased FSD with our 2017 S 100D and 2018 X 100D. While we don't expect to see the vehicles drive themselves any time soon, what we do expect to see (sometime this year?) if NOAP (Navigate On AutoPilot) to start working on more roads than limited access highways. And that will start providing value for purchasing FSD, even if it is only in driver assistance mode.
Exactly, this is what I except in my vehicle lifetime. Furthermore, I support like many of us, the development of FSD :)

Reactions: henderrj
On the website today, looks like Nav on Auto fits into the description of Full Self Driving when you build out a car. Wasn't the on-ramp, off-ramp functionality supposed to be included with Autopilot 2.0?

If you bought it, you won't lose any of it.

If you didn't buy it and now want to pay for it, its definition/function/capability has changed as of 2PM.

AP now contains only 2 functions: 1) smart cruise, and 2) Autosteer.

If you want more than that, you have to pay for FSD as of 2PM.

Screen-Shot-2018-08-31-at-11.59.25-AM.jpg

WOW! I just looked. They have FSD features listed, then a "coming later this year", which to a reasonable person would imply that the first set of features, such as "your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really" are available already. I guess they can come back saying they are in reverse chronological order, the features "later this year" will come later this year, but the features listed first will come later this century? And doesn't the "your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really" contradict the "The current features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous."? Or is this the sales trick, the car will find you anywhere, but since you are required to be in the car or standing next to it to supervise, then "tada! the car found you in less than one second every time!". Like "the car will find you anywhere on private property for AP1" which was later fine printed with "as long as you are directly in front of the car, no farther than 40 ft".

Sorry, but to me Tesla marketing has been pushing the boundaries of "snake oil salesman" (and yes, I got duped by a few of those in the past, like a 691hp capable car, just not all of the car), this seems like no exception.

new-fsd.jpg

Another discrepancy is website is toning down FSD, while Elon is ramping it up - he just told everyone they'll be able to sleep while the car drives you anywhere by end of next year. I guess he's setting up to use the same excuse as with his tweets - anyone accusing me of false tweets (SEC in latest example) should have looked at official releases from the company (quarterly meeting notes), and known that my tweets were complete BS.

Well, in all fairness the smalltext reads "The future use of those features without supervision is dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience".

So, until they have billions of miles of full self driving logged you'll have to wait a bit.

Well, in all fairness the smalltext reads "The future use of those features without supervision is dependent on achieving reliability far in excess of human drivers as demonstrated by billions of miles of experience".

So, until they have billions of miles of full self driving logged you'll have to wait a bit.
So "coming later this year" means those are the first features you will see, not the last, and coming to Elon's test car, not your car, until it's more reliable than an average human?