Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more new Model 3 inventory? (Currently)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been waiting for a VIN and delivery date for my order for about a week now, and one of my daily things to do is check the inventory around me to see if any of my configuration popped up. I noticed yesterday that I couldn’t get anything to load and then I realized that there were just none available. Anyone seeing this as well? If so, what could this mean? I don’t think it is a complete sell out of inventory, but you never know

I’ve been waiting for a VIN and delivery date for my order for about a week now, and one of my daily things to do is check the inventory around me to see if any of my configuration popped up. I noticed yesterday that I couldn’t get anything to load and then I realized that there were just none available. Anyone seeing this as well? If so, what could this mean? I don’t think it is a complete sell out of inventory, but you never know

The web shows inventory 200 miles from you ..talk to an OA they usually have access to a secret stash ;)

There is no demand issue just supply. Tesla can’t make enough to supply the entire planet. Shanghai should ease the burden on Freemont CA in 6 to 12 months. All I know is that in Canada with the incentives up to $13,000 there is much more demand than supply.

There may not be a demand issue for Model 3’s. But it does appear there is a demand issue for the Model S. Tesla currently has 1,046 available for sale (719 in the U.S.).

In Q1 Tesla sold a combined 12,100 S/X vehicles. We don’t know the breakdown, but let’s say it’s 50/50. So they may have only sold 6,050 Model S vehicles in an entire quarter. So if they have 1,046 in stock that’s a pretty sizable inventory to go through at the current sell rate.

Model X looks a little better with only 207 available for sale. But Tesla needs to do something to stimulate demand again in their higher end vehicles. Hopefully a refresh will get them there, but with Model Y coming out Tesla is going to have to really come up with an amazing refresh to convince people to pay six figures for a Tesla.

The interior definitely needs some work. I would have bought on over a year ago had the ergonomics not been so poor.

You mean in the S? If so I'd have to agree. Like many people I was torn between a used S or new 3. The major deciding factor was that the 3 just felt more comfortable for me. One thing that really stood out to me is the weirdly shaped armrests on the doors of the model S. This is especially noticeable in the back seats. It almost felt like they didn't want me using the armrests. As if they were never meant to be functional. Whereas the 3 just feels inviting and immediately comfortable to me.

Change your zip code on the Tesla inventory page. If I put my zip code it show no 3’s available even with the 200 mile limit. If put an LA zip code about 20 SR+ show up with a price of $42000

Edit: just checked again looks like 16 were sold since last night, now its only showing 4 available. Wow!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Scott7
You mean in the S? If so I'd have to agree. Like many people I was torn between a used S or new 3. The major deciding factor was that the 3 just felt more comfortable for me.

Yup. And like you, the arm rests were the big thing. I'm pretty short, 5'8" when wearing thick wool socks, and the arm rests are both high and behind me. The seat belt cuts across my neck and the buckle sits on my hip. I like to sit low in the car, and kind of close to the wheel. I just could not get comfy in the S. I find the 3 to be much better, ergonomically (though frankly, I"m not a fan at all of the center touch screen as the only instrumentation).