Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more Uber Credits or loaners after warranty expiration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the “steering assist reduced” error that came on while wife’s 2018 M3 was just parked in the carport. I have X-Care and Brent has been extraordinarily helpful. I searched the forum and didn’t find too many folks experiencing this on M3. Car is very difficult to steer. I’m thinking of following the tow truck in my A7 as I would really like to speak with a real human. Seems this could take hours, weeks, or months. I’m thinking it’s very doubtful that I will get a loaner. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Larry in Georgia

Yes, that’s how they used to do it. I’ve had that happen, my car was in service waiting for a drive unit and they called me asking to come swap the loaner because it was sold.
I hope you got a better loaner than I did then... nobody in his right mind would have bought the Model Ss I got as loaners for warranty work. One of them even left me stranded! Best part, it stopped right in front of the entrance to a private parking garage. I was the enemy n. 1 for half a day.

I hope you got a better loaner than I did then... nobody in his right mind would have bought the Model Ss I got as loaners for warranty work. One of them even left me stranded! Best part, it stopped right in front of the entrance to a private parking garage. I was the enemy n. 1 for half a day.
I’ve had a few loaners during those first few years of ownership.
Some of them were pretty bad, surprisingly, because they were all low mileage. I don’t recall ever getting a loaner with more than 15k miles on it.

The one they wanted back however was brand new, only had 400 miles on it.

Yes, that’s how they used to do it. I’ve had that happen, my car was in service waiting for a drive unit and they called me asking to come swap the loaner because it was sold.
I've had different Tesla loaners (before M3/Y flood), never had one recalled. Never had a P100D as per Elon's "everyone gets a P100D" bullshit claim, but did once has a brand new S75D, though that was primarily to see if I see the same charging problem occurred with it as I did with our S75D which had ~200 miles on it - so I did once get a newer (by ~ a couple of weeks) car than the one that was serviced. The problem turned out to be that newer Tesla cars did not work well with Gen 1 HPWC. To Tesla credit, they just gave me a Gen 2 HPWC for free (didn't ask for the old one back, I figured it was fair since they didn't cover re-installation costs either). Other times I took what loaners were available, I really didn't care if they were partially disassembled (in the middle of reconditioning for resale I guess), as long as it drove me where I needed to go. Never has a loaner die on me. Since M3/Y flood, no loaners, and Lift credits didn't even cover my round trip home. All that said however, I've always had really great service from mobile techs - I wish other manufacturers (come on Porsche!🤞) would adopt the mobile tech strategy.

Reactions: AMPd and dbldwn02
Yea...I was hoping they would actually follow through on that and then limit the acceleration, top speed and autopilot with valet mode. Lol.
Still would beat no loaners at all. Though I gotta say, the yoke would spoil the fun. Maybe I'd enjoy driving it once for a day or two just to actually experience it first hand, but longer than that would be annoying. Even people who eventually liked the yoke say it took more than a day to get used to it (though likely actually owning it, vs. getting a loaner, gives you more motivation to learn to like it).

Reactions: dbldwn02 and AMPd
My SC gives me $100 in Uber credits out of warranty. I've had my car in twice since the warranty expired, once for a front camera module replacement, and I can't recall what the other was for, but both times they gave me $100 in Uber credits.

Yes I’ve had a passenger restraint system error for months. It goes away for a few weeks and then comes back. I try to get it serviced and got a quote for $164 but they told me I would have to leave the car for at least four days With no loaner or Uber credits. Basically they have done everything to try to not get me to repair my car. I tried to request that they schedule it for when they have the parts but that does not affect anything. My opinion is the Tesla service department doesn’t need you And they expect the same