Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Navigation on Autopilot after 42.4 and 44.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you ever figure this out? Same boat here. I called Tesla and they claim I have the latest maps and they said some users have experienced this. Trying to figure out what I can do to get NOA

Maybe try to reboot? (I was coming from Canada so I thought I don't have it because of that but after crossing the border and re-navigating it didn't come back but I had some trouble at supercharger and in the process of fixing that the car was rebooted - got it back after that).

I got to the bottom of this. A mobile tech came to me for another issues and when I brought this up he instantly said "you probably don't have the latest maps". I was told over the phone that I had the latest maps but they were wrong. The mobile rep said the maps never finished downloading all the way and it kept failing. Anyway, once he hooked up his laptop and downloaded the maps manually to my car NOA showed up instantly. I would be willing to bet that 99.9% of the people that don't have NOA are running older maps. Go to a SC or get a mobile tech to update your car.

I gave up on being able to use NOA because I had the old maps and the updates weren’t completing for some reason. I eventually stopped checking for the feature. Got around to reporting an issue with support over e-mail. They got back to me about 10 days later saying my car had the latest maps. Sure enough, checked for the option in the Autopilot settings before the drive home and it was there.

Reactions: DBeckwith
I went in to service and they said I wasn't getting maps because I had partial download and needed to reformat my map drive.... they did a push and now I have it! By the way.... firmware 46 is really good on crazy twisty roads... I find it interesting that you don't hear about AP1 superiority anymore..... ahhhhh so nice.

Ok after a few hours and now 120 miles from the border NOA has returned. The net is that if you go to Canada while NOA is not allowed it looks like you just have to wait until it returns you might have to wait hours.

I tried rebooting the system twice but it didn’t help. Seemed to come back after a few hours. I wonder if it really has to sleep a lot.