Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No notification when charging is complete?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, interestingly enough, yesterday for the first time in a long time:

App: 3.8.1
M3: 50.6

Maybe someone at Tesla read this thread and fixed something? :)

Just for kicks I switched the display from energy to distance and for the first time in a long time got a charging complete notification. So nothing new, just consistent with what other people have seen. I also prefer the energy SOC % so I'm going to switch back. Wonder what's going to happen when I charge tonight.

Bruce.

Just my 2cents as charge complete notices resumed for me starting yesterday as well, car firmware and app version had nothing to do with it as I have not updated in months, someone at tesla decided to turn notifications back on from the server side for this.

Yep, whoever did what has worked, notification back. Another first world problem solved.

Just my 2cents as charge complete notices resumed for me starting yesterday as well, car firmware and app version had nothing to do with it as I have not updated in months, someone at tesla decided to turn notifications back on from the server side for this.

Same experience here. Last night I received my first charging complete notification in months. I did not change my energy display mode, nor did I update firmware or app the day prior.

I can also confirm that I got a “charging completed” notification this morning again (while showing %). There are also multiple confirmations from people from the DK forum, so something seems to have been fixed.

I had this issue for a few weeks, but this week i get notifications again. I got an update (2018.50.6) that seemed to be just bug fixes (no new features) a week or so ago, so maybe that fixed it.

On the other hand, my car's audio system had been doing a really good job for the past several weeks, maybe months, of holding my place in podcasts when I paused them, but now it has reverted to the old trick of setting the cursor back to the start each time I park and get out! You win some, you lose some....:(

Definitively a server side problem.
i did not receive any "charging complete" notification for at least 4 weeks, then yesterday suddenly notification was back. I changed nothing in the car setting, and there was no update of software for me on the car or on the phone. So the change was for sure at server side.