Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
totally agree. if you could see the texts i sent to my delivery advisor when he finally got in touch, i definitely mentioned lack of transparency and communication several times.
The more I think about it, the more I get an unpleasant vibe from "my" delivery advisor. He wasn't overtly rude, but he seemed put out by someone actually contacting him. And at the end, he made a big point of reminding me that the next contact I'd have would be by SMS, not him. The subtext was "don't bug me".

This is part of a larger pattern of pushing me off. When I called Mt. Kisco, they redirected me to the Inside Delivery Supervisor in NV. This person told me that the car would arrive this month but didn't bother contacting me when that changed. WTF?! After I emailed them to confirm the delay, they redirected me to yet another person, who is apparently my actual delivery advisor. And that could have gone better.

Am I canceling my purchase? No. Am I annoyed? Yes. Tesla just isn't any good at customer service. I had a lot of good will when I started, but it's being worn down.

The more I think about it, the more I get an unpleasant vibe from "my" delivery advisor. He wasn't overtly rude, but he seemed put out by someone actually contacting him. And at the end, he made a big point of reminding me that the next contact I'd have would be by SMS, not him. The subtext was "don't bug me".

This is part of a larger pattern of pushing me off. When I called Mt. Kisco, they redirected me to the Inside Delivery Supervisor in NV. This person told me that the car would arrive this month but didn't bother contacting me when that changed. WTF?! After I emailed them to confirm the delay, they redirected me to yet another person, who is apparently my actual delivery advisor. And that could have gone better.

Am I canceling my purchase? No. Am I annoyed? Yes. Tesla just isn't any good at customer service. I had a lot of good will when I started, but it's being worn down.

I agree with a lot of this. Still to this day, I don’t have a “delivery advisor”. The fellow in NV has been very helpful via email, and was able to get everything straightened out for me, which makes me feel better. Only 2 issues now are:

A: don’t really know when the car will be delivered, which is ok with me, given the circumstances.

B: Carvana just sent me email this morning saying they are no longer buying cars, due to the market. Well, I’m supposed to drop my Volvo off in Cleveland next Tuesday for them to buy?

I’m close to pulling the plug on the whole thing, and reorder in August or something.

• Helpful
Reactions: Electric Steve
@LowlyOilBurner @Electric Steve i have found the same thing. my delivery advisor has only contacted me after i told the 'chat' person i was considering canceling. then he texts without having read anything i sent him in previous texts OR HIS EMAIL. these folks give not a crap. and everybody else refers you back to the delivery advisor like they have some authority. we will see how long it takes for my $55k to appear back in my account then i will see.

when they called last week with a firm delivery date i turned my leased car back 3 months early. i have another car, a collectible, that i don't mind driving for a couple of weeks but if it looks like it's gonna be a while, i might just go with my original plans. the only reason i ordered was because they announced early deliveries. i was originally going to lease for another 2 years and then there would be several electric suv's to choose from.

I agree with a lot of this. Still to this day, I don’t have a “delivery advisor”. The fellow in NV has been very helpful via email, and was able to get everything straightened out for me, which makes me feel better. Only 2 issues now are:

A: don’t really know when the car will be delivered, which is ok with me, given the circumstances.

B: Carvana just sent me email this morning saying they are no longer buying cars, due to the market. Well, I’m supposed to drop my Volvo off in Cleveland next Tuesday for them to buy?

I’m close to pulling the plug on the whole thing, and reorder in August or something.
Wow, thanks, I didn't think this through. I avoided doing a trade-in, but was planning to sell my old car on Carvana a week or so after the Tesla came in. If I had gotten lucky enough to take delivery last week, before the hammer fell on NY state, then I'd probably be stuck with two cars for the duration. That wouldn't just be inconvenient, it would mean that I'd need find some place to park it so that I could get the Tesla close enough to the house to plug it in.

As for the first point, I get that these are unusual circumstances and they can't predict the delivery date anymore, but when you tell someone their car is coming at the end of the month and you find out that you can't fulfill this commitment, the least you could do is inform them. I shouldn't have to contact them just to confirm this.

And it's not like I want someone to call me up and hold my hand. Just send me a generic email announcing that all NY-state deliveries are blocked due to the pandemic. How hard is that to do? If I was Elon (and I'm not), I'd be firing whoever was responsible for this screw-up. If Tesla had any competition, this sort of incompetence would have pushed me towards it.

@LowlyOilBurner @Electric Steve i have found the same thing. my delivery advisor has only contacted me after i told the 'chat' person i was considering canceling. then he texts without having read anything i sent him in previous texts OR HIS EMAIL. these folks give not a crap. and everybody else refers you back to the delivery advisor like they have some authority. we will see how long it takes for my $55k to appear back in my account then i will see.

when they called last week with a firm delivery date i turned my leased car back 3 months early. i have another car, a collectible, that i don't mind driving for a couple of weeks but if it looks like it's gonna be a while, i might just go with my original plans. the only reason i ordered was because they announced early deliveries. i was originally going to lease for another 2 years and then there would be several electric suv's to choose from.
I certainly wouldn't blame you, or anyone, really, for giving up right now. My current car is only 5 years old and has low mileage, so I can hold onto it for a while longer.

As I alluded to in my previous comment, Tesla just doesn't have any competition at the moment, so why should they care about how they treat their customers? They can even get away with delivering cars with significant defects, because we have no choice.

In NY, Tesla actually submits the registration to the DMV electronically during the delivery appointment and waits for confirmation that the application was accepted before handing over the car with permanent plates and a temporary paper registration. The electronic service has been shutdown, so they really cannot process these like they normally do.

I certainly wouldn't blame you, or anyone, really, for giving up right now. My current car is only 5 years old and has low mileage, so I can hold onto it for a while longer.

As I alluded to in my previous comment, Tesla just doesn't have any competition at the moment, so why should they care about how they treat their customers? They can even get away with delivering cars with significant defects, because we have no choice.
the defects thing is another concern. i can wait a bit but i can also continue to lease through my office as i have done for 35 years now, and just re-visit in 2 years when there will be more competition. but hopefully this will still work out.

In NY, Tesla actually submits the registration to the DMV electronically during the delivery appointment and waits for confirmation that the application was accepted before handing over the car with permanent plates and a temporary paper registration. The electronic service has been shutdown, so they really cannot process these like they normally do.

Thats crazy, how is the DMV not an essential service?

Was I supposed to be getting NY plates when I live in CT?

That would cause problems.

No, they’d most likely give you an interstate transit permit issued by NYS DMV. If CT allows out-of-state dealers to handle registrations and supports temporary inspections, maybe they’d do that instead. Many dealers don’t like to do it as it typically involves applying by mail and waiting for the registration to be processed and plates/stickers/certificates sent over.

• Informative
Just got this text below...not sure what to make of it since I doubt anything is opening with things getting worse here...link they sent also just lists my old May 1st placeholder delivery day so might be a glitch.

Tesla Update - The Mt. Kisco Delivery Center has reopened and we are ready to deliver your Model Y.

We have shifted our delivery experience to a contactless, express model. Check in, sign paperwork in your Model Y, watch tutorial videos on the touchscreen, and drive.

We will be sending a scheduling message shortly, please select an appointment with the link provided.​

• Informative
Just got this text below...not sure what to make of it since I doubt anything is opening with things getting worse here...link they sent also just lists my old May 1st placeholder delivery day so might be a glitch.

Tesla Update - The Mt. Kisco Delivery Center has reopened and we are ready to deliver your Model Y.

We have shifted our delivery experience to a contactless, express model. Check in, sign paperwork in your Model Y, watch tutorial videos on the touchscreen, and drive.

We will be sending a scheduling message shortly, please select an appointment with the link provided.​

I just got the same text @ 6:05EST. The kicker is, from day one, I REQUESTED A HOME DELIVERY. This was even confirmed from inside sales in NV. I sent an email to them explaining myself again, and copied the fellow in NV that confirmed my home delivery. What a $hit show.