Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No PowerWall Notifications/Alerts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would have thought that I should be getting notifications for 'storm watch' and/or power outages from my powerwalls. I have notifications ON on my Tesla app, and I get plenty of notifications regarding my M3 (doors open, etc.) but nothing from the PW's. Thoughts?

If by notification you mean a message sent to you, then no you do not get a notification for PowerWatch. The application will show PowerWatch is active on several displays
I think you mean Storm Watch and yes, there are notifications of Storm Watch being activated...or at least there used to be. We haven't gotten them for several weeks.

upload_2020-11-9_11-8-20.png

We've received Storm Watch notifications for blizzards, winter storm warnings, high wind warnings, red flag warnings, etc. but it's been weeks since the last Storm Watch notification.

Reactions: Tezzie
There is another thread about this here:

No Notification on PowerWall Grid Failure, App Bug? V 3.10.5, iPhone

a number of people, myself included, are having trouble getting notifications. Some people have has success working with support.

I get a notification for power outages lasting longer than about 5-6 minutes or so, but I get no notifications the system has gone into stormwatch mode. There isnt a choice in the app for that notification, at least for me. The only energy product notification is "power outage".

@MorrisonHiker I wonder where you got that notification from? Since I have gotten my powerwalls in january, I have had them go into stormwatch mode several times (mostly for red flag wind or fire danger warnings) and never seen a notification like you show in your screenshot.

There isnt a selection in the tesla app to provide a stormwatch notification, only power outage. Is there a setting I missed somewhere perhaps?

I get a notification for power outages lasting longer than about 5-6 minutes or so, but I get no notifications the system has gone into stormwatch mode. There isnt a choice in the app for that notification, at least for me. The only energy product notification is "power outage".

@MorrisonHiker I wonder where you got that notification from? Since I have gotten my powerwalls in january, I have had them go into stormwatch mode several times (mostly for red flag wind or fire danger warnings) and never seen a notification like you show in your screenshot.

There isnt a selection in the tesla app to provide a stormwatch notification, only power outage. Is there a setting I missed somewhere perhaps?
I just checked and under Energy Notifications, I now only see Power Outage. I don't remember it having selectable options for Energy vs. the selectable options available for Vehicle but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Maybe the recent app update accidentally (or intentionally) removed Storm Watch notifications.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I think you mean Storm Watch and yes, there are notifications of Storm Watch being activated...or at least there used to be. We haven't gotten them for several weeks.

View attachment 606879

We've received Storm Watch notifications for blizzards, winter storm warnings, high wind warnings, red flag warnings, etc. but it's been weeks since the last Storm Watch notification.

I assume you mean something on your phone? We haven't gotten one of those. Is there a setting?

If by notification you mean a message sent to you, then no you do not get a notification for PowerWatch. The application will show PowerWatch is active on several displays

Yes, you ARE supposed to get notifications when you have a power outage or are under StormWatch--my neighbors do. I have never received any notifications, though, so I reported it to Tesla and they have escalated it to Tier 2.

Yes, you ARE supposed to get notifications when you have a power outage or are under StormWatch--my neighbors do. I have never received any notifications, though, so I reported it to Tesla and they have escalated it to Tier 2.

Where do you set that notification? The only notification showing in my app is for a power outage, there is no notification category showing for notifying a customer when stormwatch itself is active (which by definition can not be during a power outage).

As I mentioned in the other thread, that has only happened once, and there is no setting to turn it on anywhere that I am aware of on our side.

Agreed. This seems to be an issue, since I'm not getting any kind of notifications nw from either my MS or the PWs. I tried signing out and into my account. Nothing.

We're in Storm Watch here for the next couple of days, and I see "storm watch when I go to PWs in the app. I just don't get notifications of it.

I haven't tried deleting the app and re-installing it, but I see here that others have tried it and it doesn't work. Should I try that?

As I mentioned in the other thread, that has only happened once, and there is no setting to turn it on anywhere that I am aware of on our side.

There isn't, except that you must have STORM WATCH toggled on in the app, as well as notifications on in the phone. I have both.

The NWS (National Weather Service), in cooperation with the Electric company, is what triggers Tesla's STORM WATCH mode. Tesla itself doesn't do it.

Agreed. This seems to be an issue, since I'm not getting any kind of notifications nw from either my MS or the PWs. I tried signing out and into my account. Nothing.

We're in Storm Watch here for the next couple of days, and I see "storm watch when I go to PWs in the app. I just don't get notifications of it.

I haven't tried deleting the app and re-installing it, but I see here that others have tried it and it doesn't work. Should I try that?

I wouldnt bother. That screenshot you shared (for example) I got that 1 time, earlier in the year, but like you I am in stormwatch mode and received no notification of it. It actually activated yesterday afternoon sometime, and only me looking in the tesla app noticed it.

So, I dont think deleting your app and re installing it will do anything on this, unless tesla tells you to do it specifically from a support contact or something.