Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No PPF....Are you Happy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you did not get PPF are you happy. Is your car in decent shape? Of course I know PPF is ideal, thats not the question. I'm not sure how long I'll keep the car, but I also dont want the car to get destroyed. Looking for opinions from people that have not done it only. Thanks

Could have just read your signature lol. Glad to hear
Not a problem, haha!!

This was after a wash about two weeks ago.

F56C0A44-8389-401A-8308-E7088752096D.jpeg

Reactions: merc65fd
MSM with 14,000 miles and no PPF - paint is in excellent shape. Some very small chips on front bumper but not noticeable at all from about 18". I run mudflaps which have saved the rear rocker panel area from chipping. I also drive extensively on dirt/gravel roads so all things considered I am quite happy. The chunk of change I saved not doing PPF went to new suspension, which was totally worth the money.

Reactions: AZTech and merc65fd
OP, you have a white MY. So without PPF or ceramic coating, you will get paint chips. I have a white M3 without any protection for 4 years and there are quite a lot of paint chips. They are located mostly along the front spoiler lip, front bumper. The chips are black/dark color so they are easy to spot on a white car. On our blue Tesla, there are also paint chips but really hard to see them unless you are really close. I think someone with Midnight Silver, the paint chips will just blend in.

OP, you have a white MY. So without PPF or ceramic coating, you will get paint chips. I have a white M3 without any protection for 4 years and there are quite a lot of paint chips. They are located mostly along the front spoiler lip, front bumper. The chips are black/dark color so they are easy to spot on a white car. On our blue Tesla, there are also paint chips but really hard to see them unless you are really close. I think someone with Midnight Silver, the paint chips will just blend in.
Boooo!

Same here.

Reactions: Dayreg
11k miles

no PPF ( I would however recommend getting Tesla lower door PPF and mud flaps, these areas gets BLASTED. Plastic is rough from road grit)

Winter and Highway miles since February of this year. 2-3 small rock chips. Used Tesla touch-up paint and cannot see any of the "chips". I run through a automatic brushed wash 1-3x per week depending on weather/conditions.

I just detailed this weekend and finally installed DIY Ceramic coating after 11k miles. Here are the results.

My thinking: Save the $700-$5,000 and just get the bumper/hood resprayed if/when its needed. Its a car after all and it will get dinged, chiped, and scratched......

20220730_164345.jpg

20220730_164354.jpg

20220730_164414.jpg

Last edited: