Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No products linked to your my tesla account

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as my car is peacefully asleep in the airport parking lot, after 2 days I diceded to check up on her to see how she is doing. First sign something was wrong was when the app asked for my password. Same thing on my wife's phone. So after signing in I get the message that no product is linked to this account.

From the help desk they told me that everything was ok, that this happens sometimes and that they are working on it.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

Hi. I wonder if this is how they are stealing Tesla cars. What if somebody emailed a photoshopped document to Tesla? Would Tesla move the car from your myTesla account to this person's myTesla account? Could they gain access to the app this way? The following quote is from this page on the other Tesla forum:
I just did this a month ago. Electric Steve is wrong. They handled it in 24 hours. You'll need to email the [email protected] and they'll ask for a copy of your license and temporary registration. Very simple and pain-free

This article was published on Electrek three days ago: Tesla is working on a new software update to help prevent theft after spike in stolen Teslas in Europe Here is a quote from that article:
This theft was apparently only one in a series of Tesla being stolen the Netherlands recently – much more than in recent years. Dutch news site nrc.nl reports that 11 Model S sedans were recently stolen in the country.

Of course, it's possible that it's just a coincidence that you are also from the Netherlands.

One way to prevent this would be to send a code to the car to be displayed on the touchscreen. I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla starts sending ownership verification codes to the car in the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0ptions
I thought the cars were being stolen using the relay trick to connect the fob inside the house or in your pocket to the car parked outside.

But managing to link the car to a different account would also do it. Although I think that is very unlikey, on the phone they couldn't see anything strange with my account at first. Only after after calling back 15 min later did they tell me this was a known issue.

Hey if my car does get stolen, I might be in luck, given that I just missed out on the faster S75 by 2 weeks, :)