Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No range loss!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't say it would be more or less, just that we don't know until we normalize the X. Instead of a sudden drop, it's almost like a smooth curve. Strange. Are the long lines, trips?
Yes the big mileage gaps are road trips. Data only includes "completed charges" so Supercharging sessions do not show up in the data since I never fill up all the way at a supercharger.

Reactions: KenC
[...] Tesla Fi says my car has better battery life than 100% of the 144 cars that are at similar mileage. It did fluctuate in the beginning and has the software bump to 320 a couple months ago. But steady at 320 for over a month now.

anyone else seeing similar stuff with the 2020 model?

I don't use TeslaFi, but here's my datapoint. Car has about 11K miles, made in Nov 2018. I typically charge to 80% and get rated range of 256 miles, which when extrapolated to 100% would be 320 miles. It has been that way for over a year. It dropped from 325-323 to 320 and has stuck around there. It looks like some people have noticed a rapid drop around 12K. I'm curious to see what happens to mine.

fwiw, 80-90% of my miles have been fueled by superchargers.

Reactions: KenC
Found some time to overlay a nice curve on your data.
View attachment 541157
Here is the raw data plotted on linear axis. Does this make the cliff look less real?

To me it still looks like it was stable until 10K, then a huge drop between 10K-12K, and then leveling off after 12K.

View attachment 540859
Found a moment to overlay a curve on your normalized x-axis chart:
Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 8.39.05 PM.png

When I look at it, the only flattish part was up to about 4k, afterward the highs were lower, and the lows were lower; so a smooth decline to about 12k, where it seems to be bottoming.

I have over 6,000 miles on p3d stealth. I drove it 2600 miles cross country on supercharging. The rest have all been through the normal level 1 wall outlet.

got the car at the end of 2019 and it has 320 miles of range (2020 model).

my question is, how is there no range loss yet!? Tesla Fi says my car has better battery life than 100% of the 144 cars that are at similar mileage. It did fluctuate in the beginning and has the software bump to 320 a couple months ago. But steady at 320 for over a month now.

anyone else seeing similar stuff with the 2020 model?
my car had 325 range (RWD) for 6 months and 10k miles before i saw degradation. Now sitting at 10 months 19K miles with 312 miles range.

I have an early production 3 (014XXX) and it has done very well with keeping its 310 miles of range. Highest number I ever remember seeing was 313 or 314, and that was before this whole supposed 322/325 mile upgrade update. I've had my car for 2 years and 47,000 miles now, and as recently as the last 2-3 months I had 100% home charges of 309 and 310 miles.

I've always charged to 90% for daily use, and discharge to between 20 and 30 percent most of the time. It varies. Sometimes higher, sometimes lower before it gets plugged in.
I need to start doing what you're doing but because I only have 120V charging, I plug in as soon as I get home. I have stopped doing that recently because of COVID but even with 120V, I don't need to plug in everyday