Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Reg or Communication

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meant to be collecting car tomorrow, Heathrow, car was paid for in full yesterday. Tesla rang late yesterday afternoon to make sure that I was coming and said they hadn’t received the payment but bring proof of transfer with me (although they should have it by now). I have this evening got the train to London with overnight stay in Hotel with another train trip tomorrow to Heathrow. Can’t help but be concerned that I have heard nothing and still no reg number and it’s not going to be a simple one as I need to know what name they they have put on the V5 my personal name or my company name as it will make a difference on who I use to insure it.

I am sure it will be fine by then. My delivery was so rushed that the sales didn’t even check my ID(scary)... and i had not reg and no payment confirm before.
They wont be handing over a v5 but will who is registered owner/keeper.

I am sure it will be fine by then. My delivery was so rushed that the sales didn’t even check my ID(scary)... and i had not reg and no payment confirm before.
They wont be handing over a v5 but will who is registered owner/keeper.
What? I don't understand what you are saying here?

Are you saying that they haded over a car without checking hp you are or if you have paid?

Here’s the email they sent (reg plate hidden by me):

Good morning Ben,

I hope you are well and looking forward to your collection appointment tomorrow.

Just to confirm, we have now received your final payment. Thank you for processing this.

Your new registration is going to be BS19 *** so you can finalize your insurance.

Please note your new Tesla will be registered 24 hours prior to your scheduled delivery. As such, will not appear in databases. We recommend calling up your preferred insurer, as opposed to getting online quotes, insurance companies are aware of this process for brand-new vehicles.

In preparation for your collection, please visit our Tesla Support page to find ownership resources and watch helpful walkthrough’s. We highly recommend watching these short videos before your handover as on the day we spend 15 minutes solely focusing on making sure you are comfortable before you drive away and start enjoying your new car!

We look forward to seeing you at 1.30PM tomorrow.

Kind regards,

• Informative
Reactions: Jez013
I was fed up not getting through to anyone on the phone to change my date to Monday (I'm supposed to be picking up tomorrow) so I popped into Heathrow. Very calm there I have to say. They aren't giving out regs there until you get there for your appointment. They said we you get there you can call up the insurer you get a quote with and give them the reg and it's fine

• Informative
Reactions: Yev000 and Roy W.
Right then this is what happened and it might help a few, got to Heathrow about 11/2 hours early, explained I was early because I was concerned I had heard nothing, this is the point where I got my faith back in Tesla, nothing was a problem they got me a reg number they set the V5 up with the naming and addressing as I wanted it, because I was early my car was not ready so they even swapped the number plates of a car that was ready for me to get going ( I know this happened as I saw them do it) hand over was quick and minimalistic I even had to ask how to make the car move. The car only had 100 miles of charge which was not enough so they told me to drive to supercharger at front of garage and charge, full charge in about 1/2hour it also said on car screen that this cost just under £7.00 I don’t know how or if I will get charged as I have never given them my card details unless the card that I gave them years ago is registered? One point that may help you as I never knew with the supercharger when releasing from car there is a small button on the top that needs pressing while you unplug.

I was fed up not getting through to anyone on the phone to change my date to Monday (I'm supposed to be picking up tomorrow) so I popped into Heathrow. Very calm there I have to say. They aren't giving out regs there until you get there for your appointment. They said we you get there you can call up the insurer you get a quote with and give them the reg and it's fine
I disagree - I’m picking up at Heathrow tomorrow and roughly 23 hours prior to my appointment I got a call with my Reg.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jez013