Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Sirius in new 2021 Yoke S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was what I was told when I ordered my 2020 S as well. I think the advisors mostly know about the newer heavily sold models. The S and X have always had Sirius and FM available. The SiriusXM site shows that the 2021 Tesla S and X have the capability.

@omarsultan are you able to post a screenshot of your source enable/disable screen, not just the selection bar at the bottom of the UI? I know you’ve posted the bottom bar before, and certainly not saying I don’t believe you since you’ve been great though all this - but just curious if the option is totally missing in the screen with the source on/off switches, or if it’s “greyed out” or similar. (Granted, this is from a beta showing Tidal and other options. Curious what shows up there.)

B6C8F9E3-371A-42EF-A228-AC85EBDA24CD.jpeg

It would be weird for them to just disable it if the hardware’s there, but I wonder if they skipped the antenna placement yet again.

I’m a bit annoyed, because out here in the Rockies we often do get well out of cell range, and I’m not only listening to music in the car - prefer to have an option for news and other things.

The media interface is different in the refresh. That particular menu option does not exist. Attached is a pic of media sources available (USB would show up if I had a stick plugged in). I would imagine this is one of the things that will show up again at some point.

View attachment 676538
Thanks, @omarsultan - you’re a champ. Hopefully it isn’t gone forever. I understand some people’s personal reasons for not wanting it, but that’s not relevant. Options are always nice to have, especially in a car of this caliber (and price.)

So, you need Sirius to complete your experience? Amazing. I hope you realize that not everyone needs to have the radio blaring away mile after mile, either as white noise or to generate a distraction from the drive. I never have the radio on when I'm in the car and "sirius-ly" don't want it. I'd rather visit with my wife. If I ever do turn it on, I play albums I have on my phone because I think radio is just a bunch of noise. If I'd wanted noise, I'd have bought a BMW.
Imagine a world where people have lifestyles and preferences different than your own. Weird, isn’t it!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vitaman and Ormond
For what it is worth, and I am not thinking it is a lot.... I contacted Tesla Customer support today using the chat on the website and asked if SiriusXM radio was a feature of the new X and S and was told it was and would be enabled in a software update soon. It did take them 20+ minutes to get an answer for me so at least it was not totally a random reply.

So, you need Sirius to complete your experience? Amazing. I hope you realize that not everyone needs to have the radio blaring away mile after mile, either as white noise or to generate a distraction from the drive. I never have the radio on when I'm in the car and "sirius-ly" don't want it. I'd rather visit with my wife. If I ever do turn it on, I play albums I have on my phone because I think radio is just a bunch of noise. If I'd wanted noise, I'd have bought a BMW.

Totally do. Anyone that says a statement like that, obviously lives in a metro area and never travels. I drive about 20,000 miles year plus and so does my wife and use Sirius and AM radio all the time, as there are plenty of areas with limited to no cell coverage. Actually get tired of listening the same albums/song that have listed to whole life and enjoy listening to Sirius, AM with sports, sports talk and talk radio. :)

Of course, I actually wish we had CarPlay, as use that all the time my 5 Series and prefer that over Tesla interface, but that is another subject. LOL.

Last edited:
For what it is worth, and I am not thinking it is a lot.... I contacted Tesla Customer support today using the chat on the website and asked if SiriusXM radio was a feature of the new X and S and was told it was and would be enabled in a software update soon. It did take them 20+ minutes to get an answer for me so at least it was not totally a random reply.

Cool, thanks for making the call - I was about to before I found this thread. Hope that update comes soon.

Chatted with Tesla today 6/16/21 and confirmed that the new S does not have Sirius anymore. As others have pointed out, if you are in an area with no cell phone coverage you have no radio. I have no idea why Musk hates Sirius so much, but the slam that Teslas are California cars is so true. No Sirius. No spare tire. Definitely not a good car to buy if you travel in most western states or even most of Texas.
Picked up my 2021 S yesterday and was disappointed that it wasn’t SiriusXM enabled. After spending an hour today trying to find it, I finally gave up and drove back to the dealer to ask what was up. He told me that Sirius XM is coming in an update “soon”. When I asked what he meant by soon he said “much sooner than one year”. So will stream it in the meantime.

Picked up my 2021 S yesterday and was disappointed that it wasn’t SiriusXM enabled. After spending an hour today trying to find it, I finally gave up and drove back to the dealer to ask what was up. He told me that Sirius XM is coming in an update “soon”. When I asked what he meant by soon he said “much sooner than one year”. So will stream it in the meantime.
New release is now out V2021.12.25.6 and notes show S improvement but are not mentioned.

Do you have the new release and is SXM still a no-show? And more info in these notes?

Chatted with Tesla today 6/16/21 and confirmed that the new S does not have Sirius anymore. As others have pointed out, if you are in an area with no cell phone coverage you have no radio. I have no idea why Musk hates Sirius so much, but the slam that Teslas are California cars is so true. No Sirius. No spare tire. Definitely not a good car to buy if you travel in most western states or even most of Texas.
same issue with my model x. have had sirius for 5 years. it seems gone. can tesla explain?