Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Sirius in new 2021 Yoke S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chatted with Tesla today 6/16/21 and confirmed that the new S does not have Sirius anymore. As others have pointed out, if you are in an area with no cell phone coverage you have no radio. I have no idea why Musk hates Sirius so much, but the slam that Teslas are California cars is so true. No Sirius. No spare tire. Definitely not a good car to buy if you travel in most western states or even most of Texas.

Chatted with Tesla today 6/16/21 and confirmed that the new S does not have Sirius anymore. As others have pointed out, if you are in an area with no cell phone coverage you have no radio. I have no idea why Musk hates Sirius so much, but the slam that Teslas are California cars is so true. No Sirius. No spare tire. Definitely not a good car to buy if you travel in most western states or even most of Texas.
Not sure if he’s right, the sale stickers defiantly showed it as included. I’d wait to see if a software update adds it in..

IMG_0860 copy.jpeg

So, you need Sirius to complete your experience? Amazing. I hope you realize that not everyone needs to have the radio blaring away mile after mile, either as white noise or to generate a distraction from the drive. I never have the radio on when I'm in the car and "sirius-ly" don't want it. I'd rather visit with my wife. If I ever do turn it on, I play albums I have on my phone because I think radio is just a bunch of noise. If I'd wanted noise, I'd have bought a BMW.

So, you need Sirius to complete your experience? Amazing. I hope you realize that not everyone needs to have the radio blaring away mile after mile, either as white noise or to generate a distraction from the drive. I never have the radio on when I'm in the car and "sirius-ly" don't want it. I'd rather visit with my wife. If I ever do turn it on, I play albums I have on my phone because I think radio is just a bunch of noise. If I'd wanted noise, I'd have bought a BMW.
Once again a person gives their opinion instead of answering the question.

I use Sirius XM in my Model 3 using my phone connection. It works fine and my lifetime subscription is fine too. I did that on my P85D too, since I did not want to pay for another SXM subscription.

Reactions: Ormond