Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of MYLR on 30-Oct. I find that my car is still showing version 2021.35.102
Based on TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker there has been many updates after that. What do I do? Some of these could be critical updates. I paid $10K for the FSD so hoping to not miss out on updates affecting driving. Yesterday I opened a service ticket. Is there anything else I need to do? Thoughts?
I did the same thing and was told to ensure my car remains Wi-Fi connected as much as possible (it is), and wait…. Awesome service! They also “resolved‘ my ticket on line. Did you have much luck? I don’t mind waiting but not being able to opt in for fSD beta is BS! The auto steer and TACC are cool but limited. Smart summon is almost there but needs refinement. All these together are not worth 10k. The best thing about the fsd price is the eventual appreciation effect on my car‘s value, once it goes up to 15k. I picked my m3lrawd on 22 Oct, and I haven’t gotten an update yet. In their defense, I looked at a floor model myawdlr last week (early Dec) and they were also on 2021.35.102. I guess the “your car is up to date” statement is true for our VIN series.

I did the same thing and was told to ensure my car remains Wi-Fi connected as much as possible (it is), and wait…. Awesome service! They also “resolved‘ my ticket on line. Did you have much luck? I don’t mind waiting but not being able to opt in for fSD beta is BS! The auto steer and TACC are cool but limited. Smart summon is almost there but needs refinement. All these together are not worth 10k. The best thing about the fsd price is the eventual appreciation effect on my car‘s value, once it goes up to 15k. I picked my m3lrawd on 22 Oct, and I haven’t gotten an update yet. In their defense, I looked at a floor model myawdlr last week (early Dec) and they were also on 2021.35.102. I guess the “your car is up to date” statement is true for our VIN series.
No updates yet lol 😂 just waiting patiently. Paid $10K but don’t even have the option to chose the beta version

Going on week 8 with the car and still on the crappy factory software for 2021.35.102. So much for what the SC said at 4 to 6 weeks. Now they just say "your software is up to date". It's like going to a version of the Genius Bar but these are the ones Apple rejected and Tesla hired. It's such a canned response and unhelpful, plus the stupid policy of it not being a wide rollout. Happy to drive my Tesla, but look forward to other companies catching up and likely trying a different EV beyond the normal ICE manufacturers as they go into EV territory. Rivian and the others it will be interesting to see how they push Tesla.

Going on week 8 with the car and still on the crappy factory software for 2021.35.102. So much for what the SC said at 4 to 6 weeks. Now they just say "your software is up to date". It's like going to a version of the Genius Bar but these are the ones Apple rejected and Tesla hired. It's such a canned response and unhelpful, plus the stupid policy of it not being a wide rollout. Happy to drive my Tesla, but look forward to other companies catching up and likely trying a different EV beyond the normal ICE manufacturers as they go into EV territory. Rivian and the others it will be interesting to see how they push Tesla.
What is it that you think your missing or the car can’t do with the “crappy” software? Each update isn’t necessarily a major milestone or miracle upgrade what is wrong with it that your so upset?

Reactions: Pianewman
M
Maybe you should take advantage of the high prices for lightly used Teslas right now, since you only seem to complain in your posts.

So today 20-Dec finally got my first update 2021.44.6!!! Also got the live view sentry mode, option to subscribe to FSD beta along with the other updates. It does seem the updates are tailor made for batches of vehicles and is a highly complicated and interactive process (between our vehicles and the center software centers). Pretty cool and futuristic I would say. Right now as we speak the FSD users are helping train the FSD systems and so are we when our vehicles report back some bugs. Anyways I am having a blast with my MYLR.