Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Software Updates over Last 2 Weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We picked up the X on the 14th and haven't had any software updates over this time period even though we have been seeing others with multiple come through. We still don't even have automatic headlights yet!

We have the car on our WIFI at home which shows a medium connection strength. Is there some sort of setting somewhere that we are missing that is not allowing software updates?

No settings that you can change. At one point, you could encourage an update to come faster by visiting a service center, but I'm not sure that still works. Ss and Xs often get different versions - I'm not sure I've seen a report of a new version for AP2 Xs, though I might have simply missed it.

I know I've seen AP2 Ss getting a new version, and they rolled out one for AP1 S and X last week with the easter egg.

We picked up the X on the 14th and haven't had any software updates over this time period even though we have been seeing others with multiple come through. We still don't even have automatic headlights yet!

We have the car on our WIFI at home which shows a medium connection strength. Is there some sort of setting somewhere that we are missing that is not allowing software updates?

The firmware upgrade tracker (http://ev-fw.com/) shows that all varieties of Model X have received 8.0.2.50.114, and three varieties of Model X have received the newer version--8.0.2.50.180.

X Model updates.jpg

I'm still on 2.48.16 and haven't seen any updates come through. I did get something for the maps update that didn't require my attention and had a popup on my screen one morning stating it was done. Contacted service and they said someone from the technical team will need to manually push it to me but haven't heard back yet.

I'm still on 2.48.16 and haven't seen any updates come through. I did get something for the maps update that didn't require my attention and had a popup on my screen one morning stating it was done. Contacted service and they said someone from the technical team will need to manually push it to me but haven't heard back yet.

Can you let me know how that ends up working out for you? When I contacted service they said there was nothing they could do and I just have to wait until it shows up.

I have AP2.0 hardware and have received updates as recently as yesterday 2.50.180. Here are a few things to try or set. If you are on wifi, test you have internet while on wifi through the browser app; try MSN.com. That will verify a good wifi connection with internet access. One observation I discovered in the owners manual is you need to check the "Always Connected" box in the Energy Saving mode. If Energy Saving is Off, the MX still enters the mode between the hours of 10pm and 5am. I have noticed that all of my updates have come through during those hours. I am not sure if that is your issue, but thought it might be helpful.

I have AP2.0 hardware and have received updates as recently as yesterday 2.50.180. Here are a few things to try or set. If you are on wifi, test you have internet while on wifi through the browser app; try MSN.com. That will verify a good wifi connection with internet access. One observation I discovered in the owners manual is you need to check the "Always Connected" box in the Energy Saving mode. If Energy Saving is Off, the MX still enters the mode between the hours of 10pm and 5am. I have noticed that all of my updates have come through during those hours. I am not sure if that is your issue, but thought it might be helpful.

Will check out these items, thanks?

• Disagree
Reactions: rush6410
I have a rock solid 5/5 bar WiFi connection for our 2015 Tesla P85D and got the Maps update a couple of days ago... but still waiting for the 2.50.XXX updates which will allow us to assign different Settings to our 2 different key fobs. This will be an awesome feature for us since my wife is 5'-6" and I'm 6'3". If she forgets to change the Settings back to mine I can't get in the car in our tight garage without some advanced yoga moves... doable but a PITA.

Hopefully it comes through soon before I pull a muscle or get stuck in some strange position and have to see a chiropractor or get surgery to return to normal. LOL