Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model Y has stopped receiving updates. I don’t know why but it just no longer appears for download. The vehicle is parked at home, connected to Wi-Fi every night, and the updates never come. I have the software update preference set to Advanced.

My Model Y is on 2022.12.3.20.

My other vehicle, a Model 3, is on 2022.20.8 and updates pretty regularly.

Any ideas?

12.3.20 is the FSD beta firmware and the last one that has been released. Many of us are still on that and waiting for the next beta update. Non-FSD get many more updates.
Thank you, didn’t realize they were not the same. I guess my biggest annoyance is that my M3 (no FSD) used to have the “red X” issue with the dash cam but after receiving software updates the issue is no longer present. Meanwhile my MY (with FSD) still has the issue because there have been no updates. I literally have to reformat my memory stick every day, sometimes multiple times a day, just to make dash cam work.

hey guys. so similar to OP i got my new model y but it is stuck on 2022.15.103. this seems like a much older version as people are on 2022.20.x or newer. Is this normal? i've had my car for about 2 weeks now but software has not updated.

hey guys. so similar to OP i got my new model y but it is stuck on 2022.15.103. this seems like a much older version as people are on 2022.20.x or newer. Is this normal? i've had my car for about 2 weeks now but software has not updated.
Typically, the first update your car might get takes 4 - 6 weeks after delivery.

Just like the OP my Model 3 is stuck on 2022.12.3.20. I requested service on the app and got a call from Tesla saying they pushed an update since it looked like it was stuck. I didn't receive the update however. I am running FSD beta and it makes sense now from the reply above that there are fewer updates for that group, hopefully we get an update soon.

Just like the OP my Model 3 is stuck on 2022.12.3.20. I requested service on the app and got a call from Tesla saying they pushed an update since it looked like it was stuck. I didn't receive the update however. I am running FSD beta and it makes sense now from the reply above that there are fewer updates for that group, hopefully we get an update soon.
The only way to get normal updates is to opt out of the FSD beta . I did it by sending an email to [email protected]
it took them about a week and few emails to get it done but my car started receiving regular software updates .

The only way to get normal updates is to opt out of the FSD beta . I did it by sending an email to [email protected]
it took them about a week and few emails to get it done but my car started receiving regular software updates .
Well....I emailed-Opted Out- got an email saying I have been removed from FSD Beta....BUT No normal updates now for three weeks? Stuck on 2022.20.15. SC will not take an appointment, and just says my software is up to date. Geeezzzz Tesla:mad:, yet another bad experience with customer service.

Well....I emailed-Opted Out- got an email saying I have been removed from FSD Beta....BUT No normal updates now for three weeks? Stuck on 2022.20.15. SC will not take an appointment, and just says my software is up to date. Geeezzzz Tesla:mad:, yet another bad experience with customer service.
It dont think tesla removed your car from FSD Beta. You may want to email them again . You can see on the car screen if you are still enrolled in it ( under software)

It dont think tesla removed your car from FSD Beta. You may want to email them again . You can see on the car screen if you are still enrolled in it ( under software)
Yes Tesla Did Indeed remove my VIN from FSD BETA, And it no longer is showing under software on the car. But still I’ve yet to receive any normal updates in almost 4 weeks now.

CFF47726-2F32-42D4-889F-B1A9BF70AE49.jpeg

Well I picked up a model Y on 3/31. As of 2/2, I am on 2023.2.300. The car says it is up to date. I do not have the vision park assist fir example. Why is it not receiving the 2023.6.9 version which I suppose is the latest? I suppose then the theory of you having to wait a week or two for updates on a new Tesla holds?

I suppose then the theory of you having to wait a week or two for updates on a new Tesla holds?

Its actually sometime between 24 hours and 6 weeks, but yes, that theory holds.

Every third thread in the software update subforum (where threads on this topic are supposed to live) is some variation of "why am I still waiting for XXXX"

Reactions: DanDi58
Its actually sometime between 24 hours and 6 weeks, but yes, that theory holds.

Every third thread in the software update subforum (where threads on this topic are supposed to live) is some variation of "why am I still waiting for XXXX"

Took delivery friday, when i got it, it already had an update waiting to be installed, pending Wifi connection, and today sunday my car downloaded and upgraded to the latest MY firmware (The one with "Park assist" )

So first update on the day of delivery and latest version 2 days later (More like 1½, i got it friday at 6pm and had the notification for the latest at around 8am sunday.)

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin