Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this very intermittent problem where the car makes no sound. No music no matter what input. The weirdest thing is that even the turn signals don't make that ticking sound when you initiate them.

Doing the two button reset doesn't do anything either.

It only seems to happen after the car is used after being in deep sleep. But my car does that "won't wake up, only shows a black screen but the car will still drive" thing quite a lot. The no sound occurs far less. It mysteriously fixed itself. Sometimes while I'm driving.

Right now, I'm trying to test it by hitting buttons. It's on a radio station (I can change inputs), but nothing is happening. I hit the play button and it seems to register (grey circle appears around the play button when I touch it), but nothing happens. If I got the button for another station, that does not seem to register.

Before I try the service center, which I haven't found to be super helpful even tho they're super polite about it, anyone else have this issue and figured it out?

Yeah, I played with all the volume and everything else. Clicked randomly, etc.

Power Off seems to have done it, but I had to wait over 3 minutes. When I tried Power Off and turned it right back on, it still didn't work. Seems to need at least a couple of minutes totally off. I think.

We'll see how it goes when this issue inevitably comes back. This is like Microsoft software.

It happened to me today. 100 miles in silence as nothing, not even the microphone would work. This happened a couple of times in the past and a simple reboot took care of it. But not today as even after 4 reboots we were still quiet. I finally get home and in a few minutes go back and all works. Aggravating.

I did not realize power off was under safety and security. I really wish there was a search on the owner's manual.

Same here. I assumed it was because I just had the 48.x software loaded. I pulled over and did two button restart and it worked perfectly after. I tried everything to get it going, and it simply wouldn’t. The Power Off didn’t work for me. I’ve driven it 5 times since and no issues.

Happened to me for the first time in 2.5yrs, listening to FM with no AT&T cell coverage, nothing worked, and while driving in heavy snow to ski, I said hey Siri what time is it? And the radio came blasting on. o_O

old |v2018.46.2|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2018.48.12.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|