Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No update since 2018.32.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one that is so paranoid that I believe something is wrong with my car and for some reason my car cannot receive updates?

Does Tesla have a plan to add a feature in the cars that will allow us to pull updates instead of waiting for the push???

Yes, the ability to request updates through your phone is coming with V9.

I read the release notes for this as saying that you could approve the pending software update from your phone. You no longer needed to walk to the car and accept the update on the dashboard. The car still downloads and prepares the update on its own schedule.

The update for the iOS app says: “Start and cancel software updates on your car”. The release notes for the car apparently say: “when there’s a software update available for your vehicle, you can conveniently start the update from your phone.” Neither mentions the ability to request or check for software updates, just starting the update process. We’ll soon find out. Just be aware that you may not be getting what you hope you’re getting.

For the OP, yep, you’re a little behind. I’d make sure your car is connected to your home wi-fi network when parked in your garage. After doing that, give it another week or possibly two and then call Tesla Service if you still haven’t received an update, giving them a call because it sounds like the 2018.36.2 update I received on Sep 20 had such a wide and rapid release.

Ver. 9 (and the new app update) will let you start the update once you receive notification (not needing to go to the car to initiate).

At one point, EM did mention adding the ability to request updates although it wasn't clear if once that happens it meant that it will start downloading right away or if requesting the update will just move you up the queue.