Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No web access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my car yesterday in Raleigh. Web access was working fine and we pulled up the Tesla Clock website others have talked about. Very cool. On the way home I noticed that the clock was no longer working and today can not get any web access. I'm sure it is a simple fix but being a "newbee", don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Picked up my car yesterday in Raleigh. Web access was working fine and we pulled up the Tesla Clock website others have talked about. Very cool. On the way home I noticed that the clock was no longer working and today can not get any web access. I'm sure it is a simple fix but being a "newbee", don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I presume you have some 3G bars showing at the top right of the screen? If not, you must be in a cell dead zone and there's not much to do about it.

If you have bars, then first, try rebooting the main screen; this seems to solve all manner of glitches. Especially if other 3G things are working, for example, if nav shows the maps, if you can pair and make calls from your cell phone, etc.--then a reboot's probably all you need (certainly worth trying anyway). Press and hold both scroll wheels together to reboot the main (17") screen. You have to hold them for a while (5-10 seconds?). The reboot doesn't take long; the screen goes dark for a bit, then I think the Tesla logo shows up as it starts up again.

If rebooting doesn't do it, you can pull the fuse for the 3G, wait a minute, and replace it. It's a bit of a pain to access, but I did it once, thanks to a demo from @dflye, after my car spent the night in a cell dead zone. There's a picture in this thread with some info on getting to it, and a couple of replies later is @dflye's screenshot highlighting which fuse it is. If the info on how to access the fuses isn't clear, there are probably other threads here that go into more detail/photos/etc.--search around. Or just drop by the Raleigh service center Monday and have them reset it (if I'd been at home the one time I'd done it, I'd've probably just gone to my local service center for help, honestly).

But hopefully a simple screen reboot will do the trick!