Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NOA improved HOV lane usage (2020.48.X)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen anyone mention this improvement, but it's nice to see Tesla is continually improving NOA. As of the 2020.48, I've noticed that NOA no longer automatically defaults to the HOV lane. Prior to this update, the car would always take HOV even if the freeway is wide open at 1:00 AM. Now, NOA will only move over one lane if it detects traffic moving slower than your set speed, otherwise it tracks with the other cars and continues in the same lane.

That's really good to hear. On this one interstate near me, whenever I used non-confirm with NoA, the car would always move all the way over to the passing lane, which I'm not even sure is an HOV lane anymore. It would happen even with mild on which was really annoying and I never knew why until I turned off use HOV lanes. The problem is that part of the interstate like 10-20 miles away is now a toll road certain times during the week but the car considers the whole thing a toll road so if you turn HOV off then it doesn't even use that interstate.