Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Noisy hands-free, any solutions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone!

Recently, almost everyone that I call tells me that they have trouble hearing me. I'm told there is a lot of background noise, like hiss or wind. I called myself and left a voicemail, it sounds terrible like my windows are open or something. There is no wind intrusion into the vehicle that I'm aware of.

I mentioned this during my annual service, they re-flashed the firmware in the Bluetooth module. I also deleted my bluetooth profiles on both my iPhone 6+ and the car and re-paired. Problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced this, might there be an easy fix? I'm under ESA currently and am exploring options before going to service and paying a $200 deductible for this issue. I have a 2013 P85 w/ pano roof. Thanks!

Amped, I had the same problem with my 2012 sig and it never could be found or fixed by service. When I traded it in on my late 2016 S90D the problem completely disappeared. Not what you want to hear I'm sure.... but it is apparently fixed with newer hardware. Love to hear if you can get it retrofitted, it was one of my only unresolved complaints with my 2012.

Reactions: AmpedRealtor
Hi everyone!

Recently, almost everyone that I call tells me that they have trouble hearing me. I'm told there is a lot of background noise, like hiss or wind. I called myself and left a voicemail, it sounds terrible like my windows are open or something. There is no wind intrusion into the vehicle that I'm aware of.

I mentioned this during my annual service, they re-flashed the firmware in the Bluetooth module. I also deleted my bluetooth profiles on both my iPhone 6+ and the car and re-paired. Problem persists.

Has anyone else experienced this, might there be an easy fix? I'm under ESA currently and am exploring options before going to service and paying a $200 deductible for this issue. I have a 2013 P85 w/ pano roof. Thanks!
Weird problem. So - to clarify - you have not switched phones? Same phone as always? If so - then there's always the swap-component test. Buy or borrow another newer top phone and see if it changes. Try an external Bluetooth speakerphone and see if that helps etc.

All my friends complain about my '15 MS hands free, but my wife's '17 MS works great. I haven't had the time to investigate and play around with swapping microphones between the 2 cars, but I will say that the '17 car does seem somewhat quieter to begin with.