Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-existent Customer Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome to the current state of Tesla... If you're not buying a Model 3 today, you simply don't exist. Yeah, I'm sure others are going to chime in and tell me how wrong I am and blah blah blah...

The ONLY thing Tesla cares about right now, is the final delivery number for the quarter and that's being driven entirely by the Model 3. Everything else comes in a very distant second...

You'd get better customer service from Comcast right now.

Jeff

Happened to me too. Mobile service came out Monday to replace the fogs lights due to condensation and afterwards they didnt work at all, ultrasonic sensors stopped working, and temperature was not reading on the screen. Tried calling service department (mailbox full) and the mobile service advisor (phone is off) past couple of days. Could not get a hold of anyone. Drove into the SC (10 mins away). Escalated it and got a call back 10 minutes later.

Happened to me too. Mobile service came out Monday to replace the fogs lights due to condensation and afterwards they didnt work at all, ultrasonic sensors stopped working, and temperature was not reading on the screen. Tried calling service department (mailbox full) and the mobile service advisor (phone is off) past couple of days. Could not get a hold of anyone. Drove into the SC (10 mins away). Escalated it and got a call back 10 minutes later.
At Least you only had a 10 min drive. My round trip is 90min on a good day when there are no accidents on FL Tpke. I guess they don't care about repeat business.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
A bankrupt Tesla provides no service to anyone.

You will still buy a Tesla regardless of their terrible service.

It’s a game theory decision they have made.

Not that I like it because I have cars that need servicing but it’s how it is right now. Maybe their act is together once the Y is out.

I’m sure I’ll get a few pouty disagrees but that’s all they are gonna do. Sit there and pout. :) I will shut up when someone goes to Jaguar and trades in their Tesla for an iPace.

That is not true in my case. (I agree with everything else you wrote, BTW.)
We have a 2002 Subaru on which we just spent $1100 for new air conditioning. We've decided to wait another year or two before buying a new car to see what else hits the EV market. The replacement may be another Tesla, but it's definitely not a sure thing.

Reactions: alcibiades
This is going to be their downfall. I'm on my second Model X and luckily have not needed much in the way of service. Recently discovered an issue with the 12V power to the trailer connector. Been bounced back and forth between SC and mobile service multiple times. No solution in sight, mobile service scheduling is a nightmare, service center is practically useless. Just going to give up now and just deal with it.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and jeffro01
That is not true in my case. (I agree with everything else you wrote, BTW.)
We have a 2002 Subaru on which we just spent $1100 for new air conditioning. We've decided to wait another year or two before buying a new car to see what else hits the EV market. The replacement may be another Tesla, but it's definitely not a sure thing.

A delayed purchase is not exactly the same as an alternative purchase my friend.

Personally I would have given invested the 1100 into a 3SR / autopilot option.

New cars don’t come out overnight. There’s nothing in the 2 year time frame that can top the value proposition of a 3/Y.

I sat in a Model Y prototype and it will take 2 years from that time (March) for volume delivery.

These cars are not stoppable.

A bankrupt Tesla provides no service to anyone.

It’s a game theory decision they have made.

Not that I like it because I have cars that need servicing but it’s how it is right now. Maybe their act is together once the Y is out.

I’m sure I’ll get a few pouty disagrees but that’s all they are gonna do. Sit there and pout. :) I will shut up when someone goes to Jaguar and trades in their Tesla for an iPace.

So your premise is Tesla can treat it's existing customers however it wants because people will keep buying their product regardless...??? Yikes... The list of failed companies is littered with examples of ones who couldn't provide even the most basic of customer service. As someone that's been called a fanboy a lot around here over the years, your post is just wow...

If the anti-Tesla interests were smart, they'd interview existing owners and write about the absolutely non-existent customer service which would do more damage than anything else they've come up with. The way this company is currently being run is wrong, short sighted, and unbelievably arrogant.

Jeff

I notice when I email or text to a number they gave me to send pictures, there isn't usually a response. But once I use the Tesla app to schedule service, I have gotten a call both times to talk about the note I put in. Maybe SCs are swamped, and unless it is an "official" request logged into their ticket system they don't have time to respond. Or maybe a formal ticket being created is something they are measured on?

The ONLY thing Tesla cares about right now, is the final delivery number for the quarter and that's being driven entirely by the Model 3. Everything else comes in a very distant second...

If the anti-Tesla interests were smart, they'd interview existing owners and write about the absolutely non-existent customer service which would do more damage than anything else they've come up with.

Our X is in for 100k service...
Scheduled it through the Tesla app, got confirmation same day.
Next day received a quote for what they were going to do.
Dropped off this morning.
Got a call that everything was done.
App says "Ready for Pickup"

I guess, Charlotte SC is just a rockstar team...

kWX5W41r46OwuO-JoTYgMc0XrAAQrcxe0B7TlUvFS9n1ZnPDa3Sax1f7rXOOnWTurjoNmBjL8IJE5MevdopyGCu46pJHlOvrDokM42n9SygLYEGYtq8amDze4NO5GdHbaaDFFwCbb56DnPos5Zuo6oQPIOfhpJ6NcdXOk7_FMoLWfoBjU9EUNMwkhF8Fb0dN-gjXPp4lKAhRsVXwCCQUEYO6pr43TPS8mECMahMMOQx_gi5Hab0Z-F49PtE03T-8H8ChwOOgg1e3u2yRbG7iQkrgJQfnfLHAzSa0nkYpiSyM-2YZYdAX8UUu8El1hcLSpxaqsjc44DeeP2piWEytncso6Nj99yAcOx3Tsw9NQpo0UXx9PFJjOUoRhJ3zrHhok1LSP6_bvnbsd5hpZ8JfzWbcNE_RkR4dViVl5fRLMQ4JJp4otSqtXta5z03Y-Wn30PrrFa9Owf1lAj76JubYYP90xRa-pVZRLRZ5p86sisLHmOlRztWJn4LU6FeRHlN4dDh2I4N4I2ztZUR8HFzakTstNdjKaK_e-x_1OZkgNIyl2KgW-7UAFGKQhcEXhFwS7V_ny264N7N_dvNEp7anoBq7qzK5z6GR797jamKUmXLxhXW_Bovl1QkTvrgf0nftYvbdpS_koL4koTxufn_cvWTwMddjR72m=w443-h786-no

80HnUzNX6IZR_G4L-bdAfLusX0Y1dUx_jq9iot9BqRnjHvLFZIQBcRS95w8JiqeRkgC98wl6LI5Lu2ARqEbzMNm-hKq8l5C-sdqUGm8oBH9pQwgHm1ofOttfvlEBw2mI1DQ3SLKuogd9m00vjUr8rmOofZT5cAs4iEcPZAeXynnSdHn41UXzEA5lrzf0UzeIOUckQv6DThgrOE33NrQoKO6nwyv8D1oja9VSz2pVdmRSlucrQJD00u8mdLTDeMl1dHioNk82ohnLrBf7eiZGLEdkWw0rjehBFc9oUvQdxg-m4EW7uSqIoekabMjV1lGcKnCh6LcYNmXSuiIvGIes36I-YxQVWFSfaVkMvROLkOrCHhz6SKAYV8buNoQ8-XvlvfiW6YS-jNleLGBd6GcaeZR0_LcHtorl1E6bXZT_CpG3CrJr4z2pGR0WVB3ggZa8qpbUTIzUEpOwH4RQ43NLb0jANjsDYyqLrWWp6Q5J2748QuBsy7WuXfgJPz91-0PMqAvHHSfulj02APymY5nl4lq1L_cn1NWNkz0rZ--zGoWKRbSRBNh11PEtXsgztPuORbbZd3JPOGzlYDaZH2lTFU1TErgF55wTz4a4SodSOUGIt33gFQZ-dlTisTFnKBi3v8UyhQ74Vjbo_h9B7zPR0h6hfBnEQL_j=w443-h786-no

So your premise is Tesla can treat it's existing customers however it wants because people will keep buying their product regardless...??? Yikes... The list of failed companies is littered with examples of ones who couldn't provide even the most basic of customer service. As someone that's been called a fanboy a lot around here over the years, your post is just wow...

If the anti-Tesla interests were smart, they'd interview existing owners and write about the absolutely non-existent customer service which would do more damage than anything else they've come up with. The way this company is currently being run is wrong, short sighted, and unbelievably arrogant.

Jeff

I will keep saying:

I wish and hope Tesla can improve their support infrastructure.

I'm just stating how it is.. not how it ought to be.

It was asked before why can't Tesla get completely obvious *sugar* together. I answered, knowing how management works.

New priorities, over-riding priorities. That's it.

The explanation doesn't fix peoples problems but I hope it brings some understanding and peace.

People also value utility over principles (depending on how you price your principles).

Tesla is in the power position and they are doing what they have to prioritize. Maximum production, maximum sales.

Once they "won", they can spare cash for overhead. Existing customers are overhead.

Again, how it is - not how it ought to be.

What's up with the horrible customer service. Tesla does not reply to emails and you cannot reach anyone by phone including the SC
Can I recommend using the in-app service scheduling functionality?
I truly believe it is the most consistent way to get on the service calendar.
If you require a call, you can add that to the notes of the service appointment.

Jeff

I still remember your posts in the early years where you were definitely a huge FANBOY of Tesla. Not surprising at all to see where you stand, considering the huge mess that Tesla has become. Thanks for keeping it real. Funny to see anything negative about Tesla get defended by some other current fanboys, poster named Uncle Paul comes to mind, another one is tpham, though haven't seen him post in a while.

Every single Tesla owners was a ‘fanboy’ to begin with.
Otherwise, we’d not become an owner.

Having said that, there exists in population a certain type of people, for unknown reasons, refused to acknowledge the obvious and keep on praising/defending their beloved idol/business.
I’ve seen more than a few cases, be it automobile or audio, throughout my lifetime and I just can’t fathom/understand how they can reasonably defend such behavior/practice.

In the end, CS is Top Priority since without customers...any once stellar business will languish.
There is only so much new blood aka new customers for Tesla and once their well ran dry then...

Right now, they are the only game in town so they can piss on their existing customers but starting next year...we shall see.
I personally know I will never buy another Tesla.