Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #29 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed the Tesla Cybertruck's expected 1 MW Ultra-Fast Charging capability, the Tesla Semi Delivery Event, the coming Model 3 refresh (project "Highland"), and more. You can watch it now on YouTube.

Non-Owner and On-line reservation received invite to order

Just got mine too. 6:48 pm PST. Reserved online at about 7:20 pm on March 31st, roughly 40 minutes before the unveil. Live in San Diego. Non-owner.

Changed from $35K to $49K earlier this month once $35K went from "Early 2018" to "Late 2018" cause $49K one said April-June. Now I need to figure out if I can actually afford that...

• Love
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I seriously think that one's proximity to a service center is taking priority over someone who physically waited in line. To me that's the only explanation as to how online reservation holders that reserved hours later are getting their config emails now.

The theory of delivery capacity is likely a bigger factor. Although I live in a dense city (NYC), I'm about four miles away from the service center and I reserved around 1pm (with no invite yet).

3/31/16 line-waiter in Devon, PA that reserved at 10:30am. March-May according to Estimator. Nothing. Hearing online folks getting invites has me irked.
This better not have something to do with a Tesla store/service center being built not far from me in NJ. It was supposed to be done 12/31/17 and it still looks barely started.

Need

Nov 22, 2017
Rancho Cucamonga
Maybe it has something to do with the amount of line waiters in that area. If there were 1000 line waiters in area 1 and only 500 M3 available for area 1 this round, then all of them will be line waiter. If there were 300 line waiters in area 2, and 500 M3 available, then 200 of them will go to online orders. It makes sense as there are only a fixed number of delivery centers, so the invites has to be limited to how many M3 they could deliver.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC