Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Put my reservation in at 10:02 PST, 3/31/16.
Configured yesterday about 1 pm. Got my configuration invite email about 5:12 PM

-Randy
If you reserved online and are getting an invite before people who waited in line, Tesla's either opening up configuration semi-randomly, or they're basing it on the delivery throughput they have in a particular area. So someone in LA or East Bay will probably get their car earlier than someone who doesn't live near a large delivery center.

• Disagree
Reactions: landis
Will the number of invites vary by the number of people who in the prior week decided to hold place?

E.G. if 1000 invites were sent this week, 300 held place, 1300 invites next week? (assumes rate of car manufacturing remains constant, it could increase by number of people holding place + increase in car production)

• Helpful
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Great to hear that non-owner, line waiters are finally starting to configure their 3s!! Super exciting!!

My question is about non-owners, who reserved online. @Troy estimates I’m around a 6/20/18 delivery date. Thanks so much for the Delivery Estimator @Troy!! Reserved online about 10:30pm on 3/31/16. I live in Southern California.

I know there’s a ton of people that reserved online. What do people “in the know” think?! When might non-owners who reserved online start getting the option to configure??
I’m hoping it’s sooner than later. The 1996 Volvo station wagon I’m driving is on its last leg. Haha.

Thanks,
DK

With a large amount of invites going out, I've noticed that for a few their window was Mar - May while it is still February. Has anyone noticed that their window was pulled up by a month? In other words, my window was moved back to May - Jul, would Tesla possibly move it up to Apr - Jun because of greater throughput than anticipated?

This appears so random.

I live in the same city as a Service Center. I know they do deliveries of the Model 3 there (I saw one). I'm first day reserved at about 10:30 AM. Nothing yet. As a CA resident, I should have been one of the first rather than people all over the country.

That said, I'm not in a particular rush so I'm not upset or anything. Yes, I'll probably order as soon as I get my invite, but that's more to secure the $7500 tax credit than anything else. There's still a big part of me very tempted by the white interior, just being tugged the other way by the other half wanting to secure the tax credit.

Reactions: Pkmmte
With a large amount of invites going out, I've noticed that for a few their window was Mar - May while it is still February. Has anyone noticed that their window was pulled up by a month? In other words, my window was moved back to May - Jul, would Tesla possibly move it up to Apr - Jun because of greater throughput than anticipated?

I don't think they pulled the window up by a month. For in-store reservations, "March-May" was always the delivery date and not the date to be invited to configure. Everyone who configured yesterday is getting delivery in March (or later).

It is very comforting to see that they are closer to the beginning of the window. I reserved on-line just as they revealed. My window is April-June with my current lease expiring May 21st. It would be nice if I can get delivery near the beginning of the window so I won't be sans car.

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
I don't think they pulled the window up by a month. For in-store reservations, "March-May" was always the delivery date and not the date to be invited to configure. Everyone who configured yesterday is getting delivery in March (or later).

This. If you had Mar-May, you would expect the invite to come in Feb-April. We're right on [the oft-revised] schedule.

It is very comforting to see that they are closer to the beginning of the window.

Agreed! I'm Mar-May with no invite yet, but my birthday is in mid-April. I'd love an invite, say, the first week of March. You hear that, Elon?! March 7th would do quite nicely.

Reactions: likeafox
This appears so random.

I live in the same city as a Service Center. I know they do deliveries of the Model 3 there (I saw one). I'm first day reserved at about 10:30 AM. Nothing yet. As a CA resident, I should have been one of the first rather than people all over the country.

That said, I'm not in a particular rush so I'm not upset or anything. Yes, I'll probably order as soon as I get my invite, but that's more to secure the $7500 tax credit than anything else. There's still a big part of me very tempted by the white interior, just being tugged the other way by the other half wanting to secure the tax credit.

White interior. It would be interesting to see if in the future, Tesla makes it possible for Model 3 owners who have black seats to pay a fee and swap them out for white seats. Now that might be very cool for a lot of people.